Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Re: What did Dannenman\'s list say??

To be fair, the person who called him a donkey has a far better tournament record than Dannenman does. Nor do I think he meant any real malice by it.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the thing i like about dannenmann is, he's a donkey, but he knows it. no need to hate. i just hate when a guy is a donkey and is still there wearing the stone cold shades, pretending every move he made was expert, when really it was all a big jopke (kanter).

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how Dannenman had the sunglasses around his neck, but I can't recall him actually putting them on.

I also think he's not quite the donkey that he tries to portray himself as. If he's really the 4th best player in his home game, then that's a pretty tough home game.

IMO, there were at least 2 other players at the table (Kanter and Lazar) that were much bigger donks than Steve. I can't really judge Kondracki or Bergsdorf because we saw so little of their play.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:24 PM

hey man, i don't hate.. i just maybe used the wrong word.. how about goofball? i like the guy.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:36 PM

He portrays himself as FAR worse than he really is. The guy can play. He got 3rd in the WSOP TOC.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey man, i don't hate.. i just maybe used the wrong word.. how about goofball? i like the guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. I understand then. I just used the term goofball in my last post on this subject. LOL.

Greg H.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He portrays himself as FAR worse than he really is. The guy can play. He got 3rd in the WSOP TOC.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have no idea if he can play or not.. i usually don't like to take what i see on tv at face value.. but the fact that he then got 3rd in TOC isn't some earth shattering revelation.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also think he's not quite the donkey that he tries to portray himself as. If he's really the 4th best player in his home game, then that's a pretty tough home game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I noticed he claimed (at the table) to have only been playing for 2 months, but in his interview he said he's been hosting a home game every week for a year and a half, or something.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I think he might have played a little more poker between July and the TOC.

[/ QUOTE ]

He also won a Bellagio Friday $1K buy-in event. It paid around $22K. I'm sick of ppl giving Dannenmann a hard time. Calling him a donkey for no reason. In the past 6 months he has accomplished more in tournament play than the majority of you ppl calling him donkey will in your lifetime.

As I was watching coverage of the final four episodes I was thinking how tough it would be to play against a goofball like that. Always in a good mood. Always smiling no matter if he is all-in for his life or congratulating a guy that just sucked out on him. Screw all you Dannenmann haters.

Greg H.

[/ QUOTE ]

Untwist your knickers. I have a feeling Dannenman himself would have no problem with people thinking he's a donkey.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just love his laugh. It's so goofy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure he may be clinically insane
Old 11-16-2005, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

5th...