Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2004, 05:02 AM

Default Re: Annie and \"play poker like the pros\"

Actually the person who Phil acknowledges disagreeing with on the best starting hand is TJ Cloutier. I think. Haven't read it in a long time but I have a damn good memory for that kind of stuff.

And I have seen/heard Phil compliment Annie on both her playing and her priorities (i.e. family life) a number of times. Aren't they still both part of the UB team or whatever? I think they have a healthy respect for one another.

NT
Old 09-22-2004, 06:41 AM

Default Re: Annie and \"play poker like the pros\"

If the check-raise antagonizes the competition to the extent that he will eventually make a mistake, I like the idea of continuing (and doing it more with the best hand than the worst).

What I wonder is whether showing weakness in that check-raise (maybe with a fairly low raise, or maybe a really fast all-in full of faux confidence)...would work?

I’ve seen these types of tactics work at my level of competition. Do you think such tactics would work against Phil (or anyone at his level) in that situation?