Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many Sit n Go tables do you play at once?
1 10 12.50%
2 16 20.00%
3 15 18.75%
4 26 32.50%
5-6 5 6.25%
7-8 7 8.75%
9-12 0 0%
More than 12 1 1.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2005, 04:15 PM

Default Re: How Many OOTites have been in a fight?

I've never been in a fight. I'd be willing to fight if it was absolutely necessary, but I don't think that ever really happens. The potential downside is just not worth it IMO.
Old 05-07-2005, 04:16 PM

I used to take karate pretty seriously, and did sparring tournaments. Not sure if that counts.

Yes, I've hit people hard enough to knock them down. No, I've never broken something sparring (or broken something in someone else).
Old 05-07-2005, 04:33 PM

I definitely try to avoid them like the plague, not for fear of getting hurt but b/c of all the other reprecussions that may follow (i.e. piggies). But I have gotten in two fights since I was 18. Both are pretty good stories.

New Year's Eve 2002 - aka "You don't ever hit a woman!"

It was my first time in the Big Apple and I went to this really swanky party. It was like a $200 cover with open bar and black tie thing. Needless to say I among the other thousound people there are wasted beyond belief. I think I drank more in line to get drinks than after getting my drinks. People would just order shots and you could do them in line. It was nuts! But I digress.

Anyhow so around 1:30-2 the security was looking for any reason to throw people out and me and one of my buddies get tossed out for fooling around. No biggie though. But then when I get outside one of the girls we came with is sitting down crying her eyes out. So I go up to her and she tells me that some dude hit her. So I'm like wtf?!?!?! (later i find out that it was inadvertant as the guy was fighting with some other fools in the bar). Anyhow, so I ask who it was and it just so happens that the dude is standing like 30 feet away with his buddy trying to get a cab. So I go up to the guy and tell him he needs to tell my friend sorry b/c he hit her. The guy who hit her say he doesn't know what I'm talking about so we go back and forth for a little bit and then I say [censored] it and leave.

Now is where the fun begins. Mind you I was completely sh1t faced at the time so this recount is a ocmbination of what I remember and what my friends saw happen. Also, this all takes place in the streets of NY on NYE in front of the club with cabs whizzing by the entire time.

As I walk away the friend pushes me in the back and says something. So I apparently turn around and go tackle both the guys. Then I remember scrambling to get up. I get up and I see one of the dudes heads raising up and I give him the uppercut of my life. It was basically like when Craig knocked Debo the fvck out. At this point two of my other friends came by and one took out the other guy while my second friend proceeded to kick the fool I knocked out. Then some girls who knew the guys came by and where screaming like crazy and then I remember my buddy grabbing me so we could get out of there while I continued to yell at the top of my longs "YOU DON'T EVER HIT A WOMAN!!"

Then we went to Gramercy Diner and feasted like champions [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I need to get back to studying so I'll tell the other story later if I have time.

Don't ever hit a woman biatches!
Old 05-07-2005, 04:45 PM

Getting in a fight is too expensive. it probally runs the average person a good 3-5K.

[ QUOTE ]
And let's limit it to since you have turned 18. My last fight was in 6th grade so it doesn't count. Got a bloody nose and freaked out. If you have a good story, go ahead and share.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-07-2005, 05:07 PM

I spent five years in the Marines. What do you think?
Old 05-07-2005, 06:14 PM

Since most 2+2'ers are douchebags [including me] I expect yes to win with a landslide!
Old 05-07-2005, 06:34 PM

Weak. I got into a great fight when I was 17 and it doesn't count.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:38 PM

I've been in scuffles where it was broken up pretty quick. The kind where there's one or two swings and then mayhem ensues and everyone is restrained. I've never been in a fight >30 seconds, if you know what I mean.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:39 PM

Kind of Dazed and Confused-esque?
Old 05-07-2005, 06:40 PM

Grammercy Diner at 17thish and 3rd? I go there all the time.