Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Moniter setup and Wrist/arm help for multitabler

I had real bad problems as you are discribing. Dont ignore it, the worse it get's before you fix the problem the longer it will take to go away (my pain stuck around for a good 4 to 6 weeks after the changes)

Ok, first i switched to this trackball

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr.../details/US/EN,CRID=2150,CONTENTID=5006

It works great, and completely fixed my wrist/elbow pain because i move nothing but my fingers now. I sit in a lazyboy with a pellow in my lap, with the trackball on the pellow. I only move my fingertips and click with my thumb.

However, no free lunch in life, after 2 years of this setup I am having some pain in the joint of the 3rd finger of my right hand from the trackball. I will prob end up with another mouse type device i can switch off with every week or 2.

Hope that helps,

Steve
Old 06-29-2005, 08:53 PM

trackball
Old 06-30-2005, 12:47 AM

i ordered one of those fancy mouse gadgets rudbeack was talking about and added a cool foot stool for my puppies to rest on. also went out and bought an addition to my desk (like a mutlipurpose drawer/cabinet/hide a girls mutilated fingers type thing). so my set up looks a litle bit like addes now. thanks again guys, and i will give a report when my new mouse comes.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Get yourself a better setup. I've seen others post pictures of theirs, but they sukk compared with mine, IMO. I've had similar problems (wrist/arm/neck) when I had the usual office table setup, but when I switched to the current one, no more problems, and so much more comfortable sitting environment.

The image is a year old, so picture it with two 2001fp:s, and an optical mouse (with a mousepad optimized for opticals; smooth and easy to rest the hand on). All stuff from IKEA, approximately $300 total for everything (including armchair/footstool). The mouse table is the real killer; all parts of your arm is rested at all times, and the optical mouse can be manuevered with very small movements, hardly moving the wrist at all. (BTW, the mouse table was not included, but I built it from the wood that should have been a shelf on the table.)

Adde

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, i thought I was the only one that used this IKEA chair as a computer chair. I have the black one. Anyways, do you think this chair is alittle too low for a computer chair? I was thinking of getting a "REAL" computer chair but i guess this is okay if you are you recommending it to others.
I agree though, that mouse table is the key. I gotta make me one of them jammies.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You still want to get one of these babies. You really do. Your wrists will want to have my babies when you do.

Looking great. Do you know if any dealers in Uppsala sell them (so I can try it out before buying them cheaper from US)? Searched Alina and Tricom websites with no success.

Any cons (besides not being wireless)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was a bit apprehensive due to it not being wireless, but you honestly don't notice the wire. You get a much stronger and healthier grip on it.

And yes, www.ergoff.se sells them right here in town Adde. (Not sure if they actually have a store, I did a mail order.)
Old 06-30-2005, 06:01 AM

please reply with where you got every single piece of this set (even though most of it look like it's from IKEA)

i will be setting up a new desk area and this looks perfect
Old 06-30-2005, 07:32 AM

And yes, www.ergoff.se sells them right here in town Adde. (Not sure if they actually have a store, I did a mail order.)

Super! I just called them, and they have a store near Elgiganten. I'm off to test this little beauty right now. Did you mail order from US or Sweden?

Adde
Old 06-30-2005, 07:40 AM

Anyways, do you think this chair is alittle too low for a computer chair? I was thinking of getting a "REAL" computer chair but i guess this is okay if you are you recommending it to others.

I'm no ergonomics expert by all means, but I've had no problems with the chair being too low (and I spend some considerable time in it). I have my 2001fp:s at the lowest position though, which makes my eyes look (about) at the middle of the screen when sitting upright. When leaning down, I look upwards to the screen. Works for me.

Adde
Old 06-30-2005, 08:05 AM

please reply with where you got every single piece of this set (even though most of it look like it's from IKEA). i will be setting up a new desk area and this looks perfect

In short of knowing, I assume you're from the US, so here's some links to your local IKEA.

Computer work station MIKAEL, $89.00

(Make your mouse table with material from the shelf parts.)

Swivel chair MALUNG, $169.00 (Beige/Red/Black)

Footstool MALUNG, $30.00

Total price: $288.00

I would also reccommend this lamp (instead of the one in my picture: LINK) . It don't take up much space on the mouse table, yet good enough for a work lamp. If you choose a smaller fan, you'll get room for both the lamp and fan on the mouse table.

Work lamp MIL, $12.99

Now, back to kissing some other ass than IKEA:s... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Adde
Old 06-30-2005, 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Super! I just called them, and they have a store near Elgiganten. I'm off to test this little beauty right now. Did you mail order from US or Sweden?

[/ QUOTE ]

I ordered the from Ergoff. Yes, it's more expensive, but I got them in two days. With my usual luck it takes three weeks for anything to arrive from the US, and by the time I decided to get one my shoulder was killing me.