Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2004, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Share you best single day comeback story

I just recovered 155BB from 167BB loss. I also went down 700 in 3/6 in a day and in the same day earned back another 1,200 on a hot streak. I'm sure the future will have many new stories. If you want to see a break up of upswings and downswings over a decent sample, click search, and look for "variance" and put "homer" as the username.

Also, look in someone elses hand posts to find the hand converter link and use that to post your hands. NOTE: It is considered impolite to post user's realnames on this forum. , you should refer to them by the position they are in.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:48 PM

Default Is this one ok?

It was October 23rd 2000, After an achilles injury set myself and my team back in 1999, we were off to a good start. We felt like we had left the job undone in 98, and at 5-1 we were poised to smack around our bitter rivals the Miami Dolphins, under the BIG lights on Monday Night. Unfortunately we were thoroughly dominated through the first 3 quarters trailing 30 – 7 entering the fourth quarter. It was not until the eight minute mark in the second quarter when I even got a first down. After seeing Jason Taylor mocking us, I grew hungry, and I caught fire. the rest of the team woke up and went on a fourth quarter scoring frenzy. After some great calls by Al Groh, we tied it up on a 24 yard pass to Wayne Chrebet with 3:55 to go in the Fourth. (Wayne always comes through in the clutch). What really sucked, but was also most amazing about this comeback was that the Dolphins promptly scored after Chrebet’s touchdown. Ya gotta hand it to Jay Fielder (another long island guy!); he threw a long touchdown pass on the first play of Miami’s next possession to put the Fins back up by a touchdown.

On most days in the NFL this would have thoroughly demoralized a team that had fought so hard to come back and the game would have been over. But there was magic in the air in the Meadowlands this evening, and I marched the Jets down field and threw a touchdown pass on a tackle eligible play to Jumbo Elliot with 42 seconds left. In overtime we continued the onslaught following Marcus Coleman’s second interception, and a Jet drive ended with a 40 yard Hall field goal to win the game, and thus end the greatest regular season game in Jet history. The win put us at 6-1 and in command of their division, and gave hope to Jet Fans that this might be a team of destiny.

I just want to give a shout out to my old teammates, good luck on sunday guys!
Old 12-31-2004, 03:48 PM

Alright then man, but how about responding to discussion about whether or not i should given free cards on the hands brought up by river2pair. I'd be much more receptive to comments about that, even if there is a difference in opinion on our parts. Sorry that people don't like to share comeback stories i'll never post about it again. Would you object to the thread if i didnt post the hand histories, or is that what made is a poor topic for you?
Old 12-31-2004, 03:50 PM

I apologize for the etiquette breach of poster the real names of the users and will certainly be concious of it in the future.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:51 PM

Sorry that people don't like to share comeback stories i'll never post about it again.

You didn't share "comeback stories". You shared bad beats.

Your next post: Share stories about hotels in London.
Content: Last week I took a bus to Omaha.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:58 PM

Look at the hand with where i have A10 and my opponent has A8. I am pretty sure that i have him in very bad shape here, so i give him a free card. That card makes him two pair, and now he is also convinced i dont have an ace. He check-raises me, and i get a 3rd bet in a on the turn as a 95% favorite. If i just bet the flop, be either calls in fear of a bigger ace, or maybe makes an exploratory raise, in which case i only get in 1 BB on the turn instead of three. Convince me that betting the flop here is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

He'll call on the flop and raise the turn anyway.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:59 PM

Jesus christ man at the end of the post I explicitly asked for people to share their comeback stories. That said, i see no reason to continue bickering. I stated that i wouldnt post threads of this nature, and asked you to direct future posts regarding the comments that river2pair made about my slowplaying, because i would be interested to see who shares his opinion and who shares mine. If you would like to comment on play as river2pair did, i would be more than happy to have your take on it. I think we have pretty much beat the arguing to death at this point
Old 12-31-2004, 04:02 PM

Default You think he\'s gonna slowplaying A8?

"He'll call on the flop and raise the turn anyway. "

I disagree. If he is going to raise, he would do it on the flop. Why would he raise the turn when he can get an idea where he is on the cheap streets? I dont see him raising with a medicore kicker if i lead out on the turn again. It could happen, but i dont agree with your assumption that he's gonna try and lure me in with A8.
Old 12-31-2004, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jesus christ man at the end of the post I explicitly asked for people to share their comeback stories.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did that. Please don't take the lord's name in vain...or at the very least Capitalize it. I'm one of the few Roman Catholic quarterbacks you know? That's why I am often compared to John F. Kennedy, that and because I am so great.
Old 12-31-2004, 04:07 PM

OMG...is Vinny T. still alive?