Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2004, 02:30 AM

Default Re: What Will Kerry Do to Facilitate Peace in Israel?

Chris Alger: "Israeli policy is (and has been for 30 years, with few variations) to steal the best land and water and leave isolated pockets of Palestinians with "attributes of sovereignty" surrounded by Israeli settlements and military might."

This may well sound flip but if I were a Palestinian, I would just leave. Where would I go? Anywhere. Wouldn't you?

I wouldn't stay and beat my head against as wall or ask my children to do the same or worse. Lots of people have escaped much worse, but for some reason it seems the Palestinians would rather stay and be miserable than start a new life elsewhere. I would fight for my country etc. but once and if we had lost then I'd leave rather than stay on as a serf. Stow away on a boat (or caravan) or whatever it takes to get the hell out of there and start a new life in a new land. Stubbornness has merit but only to a point IMO. After a while you have to wonder what makes a people beat their heads against a wall for 50 years. How many Palestinians have actually moved on and cut their losses, I wonder? For their own sake they should be trying something different.

Vietnamese boat people, all kinds of illegal immigrants, etc...it seems every other severely troubled people aspires to find a better place to live...and they do so, in droves. So why aren't we seeing (or at least hearing about) Palestinian illegal immigration here in the USA or in Europe or even to other Arab lands, to any significant extent?
Old 04-05-2004, 09:18 AM

Default Re: What Will Kerry Do to Facilitate Peace in Israel?

Palestinian Arabs don't have a choice.

No Arab nation will accept refugees in any significant quantity, instead using them as pawns in the pan-Arab battle to eliminate Jewish sovereignty within the Islamic Waqf.

The ideal end-game, in Arab political circles, is the Israelis' moral superiority will eventually get the best of them and they will eventually accept a "right of return" for Palestinian refugees.

This of course, will lead to an Arab majority in Israel, thus allowing Arab popular opinion to determine the outcome of elections (i.e. election of Arab leaders) and change the mandate of the State. Israel (Palestine, by this time), by virtue of its Arab majoirty will then join the organization of Islamic/Arab countries, and ultimately be no different from Saudi Arabia/Iraq/Jordan/Egypt/etc. etc, and Jews will once again experience subersive dhimmitude in their own historical land. Given the Arab historical record of taking hostages in times of war, I figure if there's a single Jew left there we should be thankful.

There's your "right of return". It's a right to return to the year 1325.