Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 10:39 PM

Default Re: Flopped low 2-pair, pf raiser bets

[ QUOTE ]
1) He isn't folding much if anything on this board. Any pair is showing down as is any ace. The only hands he might toss in on the turn are things like JTs.

[/ QUOTE ]
i disagree that any ace is calling down, and i also think he will fold a pair some nonzero % of the time.

[ QUOTE ]
2) We have exactly zero fold equity on the check/raise and minimal fold equity on a turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't see how we have zero fold equity and how this player is going to commit on the flop that he will showdown ATo, for example.

[ QUOTE ]
3) We will oftentimes get 3-bet by a worse hand and that makes things very tough for us. There is just too great of a chance for us to be FOS on this board when we check/raise an unprotected pot. SOP here would be to value 3-bet (or raise turn) with hands like AK/AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]
"oftentimes" get 3-bet by a worse hand? looks to me like this guy is playing a really tight preflop game so he can play a boring postflop game. one where "value 3-betting" ace high on a paired board is far from SOP. i can't see how this guy is ever going to have the balls to call our check raise and raise the turn with ace high, unless he happens to turns the nut flush draw with AKs.

edit: i wanted to add that i think calling the flop is the play if we don't raise. i don't understand how we can fold.