Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2005, 01:32 AM

Default Re: $55 - uneasy ITM spot with AT

Limping is worse than cutting off your feet like in the movie Saw which is a horrible movie but not as horrible as limping.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think raising and then calling an all-in is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you seem to think any play that you disagree with is terrible, when this play could not possibly be terrible, only slightly wrong or slightly right. There is no way this play is as clear-cut as you seem to imply.

[ QUOTE ]
When someone reraises you, you are just beat too much of the time to make this call profitable

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember this "someone" is a loose big stack who has been extremely aggressive. And without putting him on a specific range of hands your analysis of the profitability of this line is meaningless.

[ QUOTE ]
Pushing erases guessing games.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seriously get to take a mulligan for this statement if you want. I'm not looking.

[ QUOTE ]

Depending on how you've been playing decideds whether or not these dominating hands will call you. I play an aggressive game so I see dubious calls like this all the time (including calls from Q and J high hands).

[/ QUOTE ]

But remember our starting situation! We've been playing very tight and the big stack has just been dominating the table. For chrissakes, we're 3-handed and it's only 50-100 blinds! Under these circumstances, the range of hands that the BB will reraise with is FAR wider than the range of hands the BB will call our open-push. We'd rather face the wider range of hands because that range includes a number of hands we beat.

[ QUOTE ]

The times you will win this pot uncontested though is so high that folding here cannot be an option and you will just be blinded down waiting for a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

Will
Old 08-27-2005, 01:41 AM

You can't disagree with my entire post then agree with the conclusion I've come to because of it. Choose a side, then we'll tango.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:47 AM

Try this.

Will
Old 08-27-2005, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Limping is worse than cutting off your feet like in the movie Saw which is a horrible movie but not as horrible as limping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. What's wrong with playing a fairly strong hand for 1/13 of our stack IN POSITION in a 3-handed poker game? I'm not saying limping is the best, but it's certainly better than folding.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:51 AM

"Um...pushing kinda sucks here" Post 1.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The times you will win this pot uncontested though is so high that folding here cannot be an option and you will just be blinded down waiting for a hand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree. -Post 2

I'm not getting into a flame war. I've made my argument.