Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Heres a Fun One

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm i dont know, your not going to get someone to fold a better hand, your just hoping to get called by an A high. Most people are smart enough to fold their busted draws, check/call might be best here, still unsure.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you should examine the hand again.

A-high is likely calling and taking down this pot. Busted flush draws with no A are what we are hoping to fold out. Betting is the only chance we have of winning the hand.

We cannot check/call the river because we're last to act. (And if we were first to act check/calling would suck a lot.)
Old 04-01-2005, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thats why I bet the river. Theres a good chance he was on a hopeless flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]
Which is why I check this through. Is he calling you with the missed flush?
Old 04-01-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thats why I bet the river. Theres a good chance he was on a hopeless flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]
Which is why I check this through. Is he calling you with the missed flush?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's the point...the river just counterfeited our 2 pair, so there are only 4 cards in the deck we can beat if this gets checked through. The show of strength on earlier streets may convince a busted flush draw to fold here and win us the hand.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:56 PM

I agree with the betting the flop and turn, and I wasnt paying attention to position, not sure why, Yea i would bet for value, your not going to get any pair to fold though so you figured your only gonig to get called down by a better hand.

To respond to your last comment about check/calling on river would suck if we were first to act, i beg to differ. People are so worried about betting all the time. If you bet and get called you wil likely be getting called by a better hand or even raised, now if you check you induse a bluff and trying the check raise might be the best play here.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:12 PM

I don't think you have any other choice on the river (unless you're more than 80% sure that SB is calling you, even if he has something like Q high).

There are 5.5 BBs at stake and there is no way you win this pot if it is checked through. I'd risk 1 for 5.5 absent a read otherwise.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:17 PM

But if someone is confident enough in their hand to bet out, there is no reason to call.

With the bet you're hoping for a fold. You don't expect to win if he calls. So then, why would you call when you know a call means losing?

KO
Old 04-01-2005, 05:20 PM

if he was on a hopeless flush draw he folds right? if he calls the turn i dont think hes folding any lower pair that is either in his hand or on the board.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:35 PM

Thanks for the responses guys. I think it was right to bet the flop and the turn. The river really sucked. It was either check or bet. I decided to bet and villain folded. I don't know if this play is profitable enough to work. I guess it all depends on my read of villain.