Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2002, 06:47 AM

Default Re: TeddyKGB\'s last hand in Rounders

If you look at the image that you posted, you can see quite clearly that the left card is a black eight. The right card looks to me like it could be a black ten, it has four pips down the side, it might also be a nine, because the center pip or pips are not clear.

Good Luck,
Play Well,

Bob T.
Old 11-18-2002, 12:10 PM

Default Why would Teddy muck the winner?

"If you look at the image that you posted, you can see quite clearly that the left card is a black eight. The right card looks to me like it could be a black ten, it has four pips down the side, it might also be a nine, because the center pip or pips are not clear."

Im quite sure it is not a black eight and a nine =)
Old 11-18-2002, 01:28 PM

Default Re: doesn\'t say in the screenplay......................

The bigger gaffes in the film come in non-poker scenes.

1) Worm actually has a game set up in the rich kid's house the same day he gets out of prison???

2) Where did they get the car they drove to the Taj?? Mike's girlfriend already split, I doubt she left him the Jeep.
Old 11-18-2002, 03:46 PM

Default Re: doesn\'t say in the screenplay......................

i believe the game was an ongoing game, that was running before worm went to prison. i think it was some sort of trust fund club.

i'm not sure, but i think there's places you can rent cars. i've never seen it done but i've heard stories of such places.

Old 11-18-2002, 04:24 PM

They made it a point not to say what teddy has in the screen play. I've seen the movie about 100 times, and have strained my eyes trying to see what he holds, and cannot. Nor, is the freeze frame in the post clear. The point is, teddy is putting mike on a hand, and puts him on a wrong hand, cause mike manipulates him to. Meaning, mike severely outplays teddy, as teddy does in the opening scene.
This is a great film. To expect them to make this movie only for poker players, is silly. When I first saw the movie, I had played very little poker, and never Hold em. And it did a great job explaining the game, and what it takes to be a winning player. Plus, it is very well acted. The characters are well done. And it has an excellent plot. The movie is a lot more than just poker.
There is not one thing wrong with discussing this movie on this site either. It's in general hold em, and is a question about poker. And frankly, it's not just a movie, cause it is what got me into poker in the first place.
Old 11-18-2002, 05:20 PM

Default It doesn\'t matter what he had......................

he put Mike on a draw. You don't cards to bet in this spot. The only way he will get called on the end is if he is beat. This is standard big-bet strategy. KJB played it right to his read, until the river. You put a guy on a draw you have position over you bet when a blank hits the turn. If the river is a blank he will not call a bet, especially an all-in overbet. Therefore you should check the river to avoid the check-raise when being slowplayed against. Betting is just bad in this spot if you feel your opponant was drawing and missed.
Old 11-18-2002, 06:27 PM

this is almost the exact same situation that chan/seidel were in, in the '88 world series that mikey was watching. i don't remember what seidel had, but perhaps it was a very similar hand to what teddy had.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:09 PM

We can't really be sure what cards Teddy had. You can't tell for sure that the cards that flew across the table were his. Those cards look like T8, TT, or AT. Teddy says, "The Ace could not have helped you." He could say this for two reasons: 1 - He thinks Mike is on a draw therefore the Ace could not have helped him. 2 - Teddy has pocket Aces, giving him top set. There is one of three hands Teddy has, TT, AT, AA.

P.S. The flop was 6d 7s 10h, Turn was 2c, River was As

My question is, how did Mike turn his $10,000 into $60,000?
They both started with 10, Mike won that giving him 20. Then Teddy got more checks, I would assume that would have been $20,000. Did Teddy lose all that and get more checks again? Did he start with $40,000? They make it sound like he didn't. Just my thoughts.
Old 11-20-2002, 02:57 AM

It's a movie. They could have given KGB any 2 cards in the deck to hold as props. If you can see his cards by slowing it down or whatever, it is still irrelevant. BTW, he's got Ace, Ten.
Old 11-20-2002, 09:38 PM

What makes more sense if you are trying to create a realistic scene: give KGB any two random cards to hold or give him the actual cards he's supposed to be holding?

BTW, how do you know he's got an Ace ten?