Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2004, 06:53 PM

Default Re: disappearing buttons final note

Yes on my old computer they would disappear every ~40 minutes unless I reset my connection. Now its 100% fine.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:45 PM

Do you run Adaware or Spybot Search and destroy on occasion? You may have some malware or spyware on your system that is interfering with the poker frontends.
Old 06-23-2004, 04:05 AM

I can only speak for myself... but when it happens to me it either happens early on when playing, or not at all. So as long as I can go 5 minutes without it happening, I don't have to worry about it for the rest of that playing session. However, as to the cause, I can rule out spyware or anything of that sort. I check my computer for things like that on a regular basis and have none, and I generally shut down almost all other running processes while playing poker. It has something to do with party poker, not with other programs. Luckily, it isn't more than an annoyance to me.
Old 06-23-2004, 04:31 AM

15-30 party, post LP blind. dealt 33, all but 1 limp in, i get ready to check, and the buttons disappear. greattttttt. blinds come along. flop 733. ends up that a LAG in the BB had J7 and UTG had KK. sweet huh. someone on the table said "it's probably because your computer's running out of memory." i seriously doubt it - i have 1 gb pc3200 mem on my amd 2500, and although i know it takes loads of memory to run these insane 3-D models of chips and "CONGRATULATIONS," i disagree. this is getting ridiculous though, posting $15 then seeing my [censored] disappear, over and over. SOMEONE PLEASE HELPPPPPPPPPP
Old 06-23-2004, 05:21 AM

Thank you for contacting us.

Further to your query, this happens when the hardware acceleration is set to maximum. To minimize the acceleration and set it to zero, you need to:

1. Right click on the desktop and then click on the Properties.
2. In the display properties window click on Settings and then on Advanced.
3. In the new window click on the Advanced / Performance Tab and then drag the scroll bar for hardware acceleration to minimum.
4. Click on Apply and OK on this window and then click on OK on the Display Properties window.

Monet, if you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Kapilesh D
Poker Customer Care
Old 06-23-2004, 05:25 AM

This doesn't work. The only solution is disconnect/reconnect your internet connection every so often. I used to do it every 20 minutes. You can make a little batch file in msdos that is ipconfig /release, ipconfig /renew or something like that.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
interesting that this hasn't been discussed as much recently.
i'm curious if those who WERE having the problem so frequently aren't experiencing it as much anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stopped playing there and since no working solution has been presented i saw no reason to beat a dead horse. I might give it a new try if/when i switch from 2k to xp.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:00 AM

My hardware acceleration is and has always been set to full and i've never had my buttons run off(was afraid to attempt to spell disappear).

What kind of graphics card are all of you using? I use a GeForce 4...are you guys using an ATI card? Windows XP?
Old 06-24-2004, 03:30 PM

Reason why I couldn't search it is because the default search for a new user is setup with a Date range of looking only for posts newer than 1 week. gg

I'm running XP with a radeon 9800 and changing the drivers doesn't help. Hasn't been happening as much lately, what is driving me crazy though is when you accidently do not respond in time to make your fold/bet/check. If it folds me automatically for not responding in time, the amount of time given to check/fold/bet next time is cut in half.. and if you dont respond in time again, you get half the time to respond after that.. and it becomes like 5 seconds.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:49 PM

I play on an athalon 700, with 256MB ram, windows 98se and a geForce2 card. My buttons have never disappeared. So I don't have large amounts of ram or a huge graphics card. But, I do have DSL. Not that any of that info helps, just trying to help narrow down the problem. And on a side note, my green tables are chunky, the color isnt smooth anymore, I have no idea why. It happened about 3 months ago and just looks bad but runs fine.