Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2004, 05:25 PM

Default Re: PP is out to get me! explain this.

Beavis,
thanks dude. im so down right, i really makes me feel better to hear this. im taking 2 weeks off for sure. and when i do return, im going to have a gameplan and a schedule. only play for X amount of hrs and x days. i need some structure. and who was i kidding by playing the big time games, im not a big time guy, im totally middle class american. and like you said, this game should be fun. and there is nothing fun of getting sucked out on in a $200 tourney. now if its a $20 tourney, big deal, u play another one. i hope others can also learn from my mistake.

ps- im going to vegas next thurs. this trip was supposed to be all poker, because i was suppose to have a bankroll, but stupid me. the good thing is that my freind hates gambling, so i will probably only play a couple of hours. probably just play some 2-4 or , or 3-6 with a $200 max bankroll. i mean, im in vegas, i have to play some, right? hopefully i will do well, i usually do.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:30 PM

It's important that you do exactly what you have decided now, even if it's just to prove to yourself that you can, I speak from personal experience on this.

Never chase your loses, and you should come down in limits if your bankroll starts to evaporate at an alarming rate, never play at limits that the roll can't stand. And play for the right reasons, it's a game in the end of the day.

I don't mean to be preachy but if YOU don't stay in control it will f%&^ with your head.

Regards

Mack

PS Don't forget to pray to the poker gods. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2004, 07:28 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...rue#Post608476

The name is actually AleoMagus and the search demands an exact match on the screenname
Old 06-04-2004, 08:15 PM

Try searching for AleoMagus.

Or search you can search the 1-table forum by poster.

He's on the next to the last page.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Second hand of tourney. I get dealt AK clubs from middle position. 2 limpers to me, i raise to T150. CO calls, limpers fold. FLop is (Ks, 10c, 4h). action to me, I push All-IN.

[/ QUOTE ]
What I can't figure out is why you would push all in here? What was your reasoning? Your only in the second hand of the tourney and you had someone call a T150 raise who could easily have a big pair looking to trap you, I don't agree with his calling the all in either but I personally think it was reckless to move all in in this situation. But, then again what the hell do I know.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my frustration is beyond words. last night i lost over $1500 dollars playing NL200 sngs's and some NL200 ring. in matter of 5 mins, this is what happens.
NL200 sng
Im dealt (10,10). I have T1300, blinds are 50/100, 7 players left. i open raise from early position to 300. Button smooth calls. blinds fold. (flop is all low rags, with one spade). I push All-in with T1000 chips. Button calls, he flips over AK spades, and he rivers a king to send me home! How cold he? did he think I was bluffing? I had a tight table image up to that point. unreal.

Next NL200 sng.
Second hand of tourney. I get dealt AK clubs from middle position. 2 limpers to me, i raise to T150. CO calls, limpers fold. FLop is (Ks, 10c, 4h). action to me, I push All-IN. CO calls, and flips over A10 hearts. good im thiking, until the river brings another 10 and sends me packing.
why is god being so mean to me? im a good person, i donate to charity, i take care of my family, , and i just dont deserve this. anyways, these two beats have me feeling like [censored]. last night i had the worst beats i have ever expiereinced in my poker career. i have been playing over a year now.

PS-in a NL200 ring game. I see flop with (6,6), flop was (6,7,2). turn another 2. river an K. So board is (6,7,2,2,k). Im all-in and I lose to (7,7) guy. what, ok, i can take this beat, but the first two in the tournamnets, are sickening.

im done playing poker for awhile. i cant take it. and plus my bankroll sucks now.

[/ QUOTE ]

i feel for you, bruh. i'm the King of losing on the MISSISSIPPI RIVER. i've played about a recent stretch of 20-25 SNGs in which the majority of the hands i lost DURING the SNGs and when i got BOUNCED OUT of the SNGs were on the river. all i do is shake my head.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Second hand of tourney. I get dealt AK clubs from middle position. 2 limpers to me, i raise to T150. CO calls, limpers fold. FLop is (Ks, 10c, 4h). action to me, I push All-IN.

[/ QUOTE ]
What I can't figure out is why you would push all in here? What was your reasoning? Your only in the second hand of the tourney and you had someone call a T150 raise who could easily have a big pair looking to trap you, I don't agree with his calling the all in either but I personally think it was reckless to move all in in this situation. But, then again what the hell do I know.

[/ QUOTE ]\

my reasoning is quite simple, i dont want to get drawn out on. If you draw out on me, you must pay upfront. Also, im not fearing AA, or KK, or any other set. if they do have a set, so be it, ill take it like a man. I play these tourneys super aggresive when i have a good hand, this strategy has worked for me no problem. Every once in awhile I might get trapped, but like I said I take it like a man. only time I slow play is when i flop nut straight, flush, or boat.

ps-- How the hell would you of played this hand? Im not sure if you play alot of tourneys. but If I dont put him all-in, what do i do? im not playing limit poker.
Old 06-04-2004, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]\

my reasoning is quite simple, i dont want to get drawn out on. If you draw out on me, you must pay upfront. Also, im not fearing AA, or KK, or any other set. if they do have a set, so be it, ill take it like a man. I play these tourneys super aggresive when i have a good hand, this strategy has worked for me no problem. Every once in awhile I might get trapped, but like I said I take it like a man. only time I slow play is when i flop nut straight, flush, or boat.

ps-- How the hell would you of played this hand? Im not sure if you play alot of tourneys. but If I dont put him all-in, what do i do? im not playing limit poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

i understand your point with being aggressive with the hand you had. in one SNG i played, i was bounced out of the money on two consecutive flush river losers. the hand that crippled me was my holding of trip Kings. UTG with pocket Kings, i raised preflop and got several callers. the flop hit a third King so i immediately bet enough to get the lowest stack all-in. everybody folded and he called my trip Kings with like 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and caught a flush on the river to win. the hand i went out on, i was all-in with Q Q and got about 4 callers. the guy with the worse hand at the start, he had like 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 or 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] caught a flush on the river to win. the key thing about these hands is that the guys with the worse hands preflop called preflop raises with these hands. it has you scratching your head sometime.
Old 06-04-2004, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]\

[/ QUOTE ]

i understand your point with being aggressive with the hand you had. in one SNG i played, i was bounced out of the money on two consecutive flush river losers. the hand that crippled me was my holding of trip Kings. UTG with pocket Kings, i raised preflop and got several callers. the flop hit a third King so i immediately bet enough to get the lowest stack all-in. everybody folded and he called my trip Kings with like 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and caught a flush on the river to win. the hand i went out on, i was all-in with Q Q and got about 4 callers. the guy with the worse hand at the start, he had like 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 or 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] caught a flush on the river to win. the key thing about these hands is that the guys with the worse hands preflop called preflop raises with these hands. it has you scratching your head sometime.

[/ QUOTE ]

also, the point of this thread was not to talk about my moves. i trust my moves. the point is to talk about my stupid game selection and lack of discipline. btw, this is my first night off from poker in over three months. but im not going to play for two weeks. i need to learn my lesson from my last retardedness. im itching to play too! but i know i just cant, i just lost 3k, and winning a $20 sng, is not going to mean much. take care.
Old 06-05-2004, 02:25 AM

Could you please, if you have it, provide a link to "AlegoMagus" style of beating low buy in SnGs.
I have recently unlearned how to play and I would love to read that post again for insite into what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks.