Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2004, 01:49 PM

Default The Martians

So, in a 4-8 game in Vegas, somehow you end up w/ quarters. WTF do you do with those? Well, Vegas locals tip the dealer w/ them. But Sucker and I put them in a cup and collect them to play slots. And let me tell you one thing. If Martians fly down in a little spaceship and offer to give you 95 coins, take it. If they give you the option to pass on that for another offer, don't do it. They are tough negotiators. If for some reason you go with the second offer and it's now only 75 coins, cut your losses and take it even when they give you the option to consider another offer. 'Cause like I said, Martians are good negotiators.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:56 PM

Default More poker and attempt number two to win $17,000

So now we're playing some no-limit poker. A few interesting hands. One guy who managed to catch quite a few hands vs. these morons (me, Sucker, Coilean, Clark, and noted poker authority Ed Miller) in the 4-8 game, manages to catch a few hands here as well. Then he raises Sucker all-in for $400 or so total w/ Ace-high. That one ended badly for Sucker; I'll let others elaborate. I played a fun hand a little later, which I'll post over in the PL/NL.

So, after the poker, Coilean, noted poker authority Ed Miller, and I head to the roulette table to collect our rightful $17k. Unfortunately, this time we actually read the rules and there's something about min bet of $10 and max bet of $100 inside. We ask what that means and find that our suspicions are correct - that's the max you can put on a number. This is terrible, as we need to put $490 on a spot for our system to work. Good thing we didn't hit the night before. We almost leave, then decide that we might as well collect the easy $2450 by hitting twice. I place my numbers and somehow Coilean is not as confident in my picking this time and picks different numbers. This lack of unity is punished by the ball missing us both. And with that we called it a night.
Old 05-10-2004, 02:05 PM

Default Saturday

Head out to the pool and a couple of friends of mine have made friends w/ a bachelorette party. Nice. Hang out there for a while and then head over to the Bellagio. I sweat Sucker for a hand and he makes a bad play then recovers w/ a very good play to make his bad play maybe not that bad after all. I see The Mason playing in an 80-160. I sweat him from the rail for a hand. Pre-flop, action comes to Mason. He quickly, nearly imperceptibly, glances left and right, then mucks. Nice hand. I try to play some 30-60 or 10-20NL, but the lists are too long. I grow tired of waiting and don't want to tangle w/ The Mason in the 80-160 available, so I head back to meet up w/ my friends, who have arranged drinks w/ the bachelorettes. After that, we head over to Delmonico's for a great steak dinner w/ my buddies, Sucker, and Coilean. After dinner, I have a huge dilemma. Clark has called to inform me that Tom Vu is in the 50-100 at the Nugget. But we have also been called by these new bachelorettes as well as another bachelorette party (that we actually did know), all of whom are converging on the Hard Rock. OK, no dilemma, really. Tom Vu will have to wait 'til next time. So I finished the trip w/ a night of partying and gambling at the Hard Rock and staggered my way back to San Francisco on Sunday. It was great meeting and playing w/ a bunch of great guys. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Old 05-10-2004, 02:28 PM

Default Two hands from the trip

Nugget NL hand

Monte Carlo NL hand
Old 05-10-2004, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Two hands from the trip

how old are you guys? I'm 21 and i wanna head out there sometime this summer =)
Old 05-10-2004, 05:39 PM

Default Seriously...

[ QUOTE ]
Poker went well. Blackjack didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this series, and some of your other posts, I've appreciated the up-front chronicling of trips to the land of -EV gaming.

Variance is your friend, and there's more to life than EV.

Anyway, if poker was half as fun as craps, I'd be playing twice as much poker! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Nice report...
Old 05-10-2004, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Vegas trip report (short version)

Man, that's the opposite of my last trip. Blackjack went well, and the guppies in the best 30-60 game ever took two racks from me. bad beetz and I won more than that back from the Hard Rock BJ tables though.

Oh, and the official name for when you wake up and have an unknown injury on your forehead (or anywhere else) is UDI for "unidentified drunken injury".
Old 05-10-2004, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Blackjack w/ Coilean

Yes, I suck at blackjack. It's a good thing I'm lucky at poker. Stay away from Vegas, I was drunk every night you were out here [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].
Old 05-11-2004, 01:24 AM

Default Re: Vegas trip report (short version)

I had a udi when I woke up on Ulysses floor after having lossed $200 in a NL game played with pennies the night before. I thought coming over the top for $200 with AQ was a nightmare, but it happened in real life, which is worse.

My elbow was bleeding. I learned later that I had tussled with Ulysses in the street, for what I don't know. I probably said something about his mama. Ulysses' Mama is so fat, I yelled "cool-aid," and she came bustin through the wall like, "Oh-Yeah!"
Old 05-12-2004, 05:05 AM

Default Re: The case of the attacking furniture (and some poker)

"I'm pretty sure it was the TV cabinet that attacked me, but the wall also looked a little suspicious."

That's some funny stuff. I hope when I'm in Vegas next week I don't stay where you stayed. Sounds dangerous.