Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2004, 02:45 AM

Default Re: KK... how\'d I do?

I prefer to call with AA and KK under the assumption that I'll get an extra BB out of them off on a later street, rather than capping PF now and often getting them to just check/call the whole way

Get it preflop, they may just see the flop and fold. One in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.

Old 01-26-2004, 05:40 PM

Default Results

CO had JJ and MHIG.

My turn check-raise was basically for value and the result of all of the following reasons coming together:
1. A somewhat solid player 3-betting me PF, instead of cold-calling.
1.5. The somewhat solid player's flaw being, that he calls a little too much and hangs onto hands a little too long.
2. An ace appearing on the flop, and him only calling my bet (versus the other alternative of, him having an ace and raising).

From #1, I felt reasonably comfortable in assuming that he'd have cold called me with AKo, AQ, and AJ, and since I have two K's, that leaves two possible AKs he could have and three-bet -- versus many PP combinations he'd also three-bet. Put #2 together with 1.5, and I figured I was against a worse hand that would not want to resist betting the turn if checked to. And since he calls too much, I'd get additional value out of him holding a lower PP.