Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2003, 06:33 AM

Default Re: Yegad!

I was hoping to get more feedback about the reraising turn vs. raising the river thing. The main reasons I waited until the river were that I figured he was much more likely to call the turn (a diamond of some sort being a definite possibility for his hand), I'm pretty much obliged to bet the river anyway if I reraise the turn and he calls, and I think I'm more likely to get him to fold a crap pair by raising on the river than on the turn.
Old 12-13-2003, 06:44 AM

Yep, I definitely agree I'm indicating a hand of little virtue by checking the flop. But I don't see myself picking up this pot with a bet hardly ever either, so why risk being check raised off the pot when I might pick up an 8 9 or T on the turn and have a shot at winning legitimately? Really, I trapped myself into checking by making the pot so big preflop that I didn't want to lose my teeny remaining chance at winning it after I whiffed the flop, if that makes any sense. And yes, I know these are pretty good arguments for not 3-betting preflop, I just like to show the table that I can gamble occassionally [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Oh yeah, and thanks for bringing up the weakness of my flop check; that's what made the LAG's check raise attempt look so weak to me, and inspired the subsequent madness.
Old 12-15-2003, 01:46 PM

I never ever want to play with you. You're scary. Ni han.
Old 12-15-2003, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Yegad is right!

Were you thrown out of a bus and landed on your head recently? You should really see a doctor... But if you won I think it is fantastic! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

al