Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2003, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Online as 2nd Income?

[ QUOTE ]
You've made between 5 - 6.7 BBs/hour for your 15-20 hours. Is that on multiple tables? Short-handed? If you've done that one 1 full table I'd say your odds of continuing that kind of win rate over an extended period, even at Party, are very slim. The phrase "return to the mean" seems appropriate here.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are talking to me Tilt, remember that includes bonus offers and tournament wins too. Honestly, I don't keep session records. I used too and I found that when I did my play was not very good. Most people would scoff at that, but I think it's honestly psychological for me with regards to that.

For example, I played 3 hours at UB .25/.50 last night. I ended up $21 and cleared $4 in bonus. In the meantime I won a ten dollar sit and go and was also playing two tables on Paradise, I won $5 on one and $31 on the other, plus cleared $10 in bonus, so that's what $45? So, last night I basically won $150 in 3-4 hours of play. That's obviously a better than average night. But, to clear my goal I only have to have a win rate of $8.75 per hour or $35 per night.

And yes I usually play multiple tables, 3-4 at a time. A tourney or two and a couple of ring games. That's been my win rate over the past 6 months, I started playing online in February. Some months are better than others. For example in October I ended up like $1500 for the month. But, every month since July I've met my goal for that month, the extra goes to my roll or I buy some poker books. In November, I only cleared $550, but the last six months I've averaged just under $700 per month.
Old 12-05-2003, 03:58 PM

Default Re: Online as 2nd Income?

Stew, for the record I was responding to Smaegol, not you.