Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2003, 10:29 PM

Default Re: Thanks, Dynasty - but was this smart or silly?

As usual, you're correct, Andy. However, my main point here was that many of us, even after having put in a fair number of hours in the game, can benefit from adding a new twist or two to our game every now and again.
Old 10-24-2003, 11:04 PM

And a good point it is indeed. I've limped/reraised so rarely that I can remember the times I've done it. Which means I'm not doing it often enough.
Old 10-25-2003, 07:47 AM

So, here's a question. Would you rather have AA w/ 4-5 opponents pre-flop and 18SB on avg. in the pot pre-flop or w/ 2 opponents and 12SB pre-flop?

Do you really have to ask?

I was in a similar situation last night. UTG and UTG+1 limps I limp right after with black aces two guys limp after me and the button raises. LAG in sb 3-bets (he plays all his sb's and raise 50%). BB folds, UTG calls and now UTG+1 (another LAG) caps, the rest calls. 7 in for 29 sb. Flop comes Q high, checked to the button who bets, called to me and I raise, we lose two. Turn is a rag, I bet and get called by button and UTG+1. River rag, I bet and only UTG+1 calls and I scoop the 25 BB pot. UTG+1 claims he had KK, but is lying; he would have bet or raised those somewhere (I also saw him limp reraise 93o earlier).
Old 10-25-2003, 02:50 PM

The only problem that may arise is if button and SB go fold/fold. Then you are stuck a few extra bets. However, when UTG and you go limp/limp, they most likely sense this as weakness, and ram and jam. I think your opponents in this situation were just stupid enough to fall into your trap, but this play is probably too risky if the situation is not perfect.