Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2003, 03:01 AM

Default Re: Remembering cards you\'ve seen

yeah, this is kind of an esoteric idea. if you're on a poker server where your cards are dealt instantly and the others are still getting theirs in animated deal mode, you generally have enough time to catch most if not all of the cards, if you're trained in using the program. of course, this really reduces your fun level while playing, which contributed to me not using it anymore.
Old 08-09-2003, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Remembering cards you\'ve seen

Someone who posts here once in a while when he isn't in his mushroom outhouse half-moon cellar told me to watch and remember them as they come off the deck. This took me about 6 months to a year to really learn but the confidence that grew from remembering the cards and playing my cards more efficiently helped immensly.

rcp
Old 08-09-2003, 05:27 PM

Default Hello,7stud! Remember that 7-stud REQUIRES U...

to remember MOST of the cards if U expect to continue to be successful. Any other skill is of SECONDARY nature. Stud IS a game of LIVE cards and BIG kickers. Hence,U will NEED to know MOST of the cards that have been folded in order to make intelligent decisions. Otherwise,u will be cremated.
HappyPokering, [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
SittingBull
Old 08-14-2003, 09:09 PM

Default Re: Hello,7stud! Remember that 7-stud REQUIRES U...

There is a card grid that automatically marks off dead cards at a ginrummy site i play at. I am trying to adapt it as a plugin for the poker sites but it is a bit beyond my programming skills at present.

As for manually marking them off on excel i find it much easier to just remember the cards. It's not hard if you use a decent system.
Old 08-15-2003, 01:10 AM

I am trying to adapt it as a plugin for the poker sites

I dont' think that's the way it works. In fact, I don't think it's possible. You basically have one application running in your window with all kinds of security to keep anyone from hacking it, and then you have to program an application that somehow reads the poker application. Unless the poker application allows you to access its document/view structure(Windows systems), I just don't think you can read what the application is displaying.

There is a card grid that automatically marks off dead cards at a ginrummy site i play at.

Is that a third party application, or(as is my guess) is it part of the ginrummy site?
Old 08-15-2003, 01:51 AM

Would you care to share your "decent system"?

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]