Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2003, 02:01 AM

Default Re: Planning a Vegas Trip...Questions

bah!

My wife and I were there last July and sure, it's hot. I live in central texas where the humidity really screws things up. I'd much rather be walking around in Vegas in July than in Austin or Houston where it's 99 degrees with 84% humidity.

You'll break a little sweat but it's not that bad. Like Mason said - the evenings are wonderful and more than make up for the high heat during the day.
Old 05-28-2003, 02:06 AM

cab fares are reasonably cheap - but not as cheap as hoofing it. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

It's going to cost you ~$2 just to sit in the cab and then it goes from there. I recall on our last trip taking a cab to and from the Mirage to the MGM and it ran me about $6 plus a tip. So, it's not too bad.

Since it's your first time there - you'll be doing a little more walking around than you think as you'll be curious to check things out. If you are hanging out at the Mirage there's no doubt you'll end up moseying over to the Venetian - a trip well worth it. If you are a Margarita fan there's this little mexican place inside on the canal that serves up one of the best margarita's I've ever had - it's vanilla bean flavored and is amazing! Ah, go ahead and order the pitcher!! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Old 05-28-2003, 02:30 AM

The nights are very pleasent in Vegas...although it hit 114 today....just be prepared.
Old 05-28-2003, 06:36 AM

Thank you everyone for your comments! I'll post more details on my trip when it gets closer, but it's looking like it will be in the July 17th-21st range. Appreciate all the advice, and I'll see some of you there I'm sure.

Thanks,
Jeff