Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Anyone know what\'s involved in starting an Affiliate Business?

[ QUOTE ]
Hi MustbeBlufin,
Thanks for the reality check. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I was seriously hoping a Google Adwords approach would reduce some of that by allowing you to get rewarded for click throughs that "convert" (to customers that is).

Is that a generally failing approach?

I see what you mean about percentages. Sounds a bit like the deal of being a Stock Broker where you commission percentage goes up as your volume goes up.

But I'm still curious... Can/does the Adwords approach work at all? And, why the need to be in an existing affiliate's downline? (Not that that's a bad thing. Might be nice to be shown the ropes, rather than fumble around. Even if it cost some margin. 10% of some business is better than 100% of *no* business. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

[/ QUOTE ]

The adwords approach may work for a small percentage, but with the resources out there for the consumer I think you can assume overall a losing approach. If you pay for each click I'm not sure how many would just sign up without checking other offers around. It can be part of your plan, but not the only part.
As far as commissions go: yes the % goes up as your total mgr goes up, but that doesn't mean your margin increases. Higher volume players get better deals than lower volume players do and it is a delicate balance to keep everyone happy. Why does he get more than me etc.

You do not need to be part of an existing affiliate's downline, but in many cases it can help. If someone like affiliateev.com has the resources offer you a higher starting percentage to start off than the poker site will then you can start off much more competitive. Kinda hard to attract many customers when your rate is lower than what others are offering unless you are willing to take losses to build your customer base.