Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Racism

Bad wording, I meant he likes EVERY other feature of them equally.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:24 PM

I would call it racist, but I think everyone is racist becasue you naturally prefer your own race.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So disqualifying someone as a future spouse before meeting them SOLELY based on race isnt racist? Im curious and open to hear thje argument, and if i agree with it i owe the guy an apology.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying I wouldn't marry a black chick, I'm just saying I'd prefer a white one. I think that's what he is saying. Now if you propositioned him and said "if you liked more qualities in the black girl than the white girl, which one would you choose?" and he chose the white chick... then that might be racist.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got in a big argument today with someone who said that they would never marry a black girl. I clarified that given two girls whom he likes equally, and likes everything about, he would marry the white one but not the black one becuase he would feel uncomfortable with her. I told him him that this was blatantly racist. He got incredibly upset and told me to shut the [censored] up, and that he is the farthest thing from racist.

So it got me to thinking, was I right, or is he right in that it is not racist? seems pretty clear cut tome, though its obviously a topic to avoid in the future.

And beyond that, what IS the defintion of racism? After some thought, it seems to me that the belief that there is an inherent difference between people based on race, and that you already know two people are different before you ever meet them solely based on race is what constitutes racism.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]Clearly racist, but not clearly prejudiced. But who really cares about that. It's his life, let him marry who every he wants to, for what ever reason he wants.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:26 PM

"marry" is a lot different than "date"...I'd say it could be, in his mind, more about *culture* than race...not any different from marrying into a Hispanic family, an Asian family, an Amish family, whatever. In-laws. Unless the hypothetical future spouse doesn't have parents/extended family...

*edit*

I guess it would help to clarify what he meant by "feel uncomfortable"...
Old 09-28-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
doesn't make much sense - if he likes them equally, but feels uncomforatable around the black one - he can't like them equally.

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe the comfortability deficit is equaled out by the boob size differential?
Old 09-28-2005, 03:30 PM

To calrify, he said there are NO circumstances in which he would marry a black girl. None.;
Old 09-28-2005, 03:31 PM

This isn't racism at all you nit. Go away. Don't ask your friend stupid questions then lambast him.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:31 PM

Thats exactly what I told him. Not prejudiced, tried to explaint he difference. He wasnt having it and got SUPER upset. I just want to make sure I wasnt crazy out of line.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:32 PM

There is nothing wrong with preferring a particular physical feature of someone.

Say all of this stays the same, and one girl is bald and there other has beautiful hair (color of your choosing)...

who's going to take baldy? not most people, because it's a physical attraction thing.

what your saying is, all else equal, he's more attracted to the white girl. I see nothing wrong with this, and tend to agree, some races I don't find as physically attractive as the others.