Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Re: I\'m a $25 player...JJ

Are you saying Jesus Christ couldn't hit a curveball?
Old 08-22-2005, 03:06 PM

Aside from calling preflop and not betting enough on the turn, I think villain played the hand well. You, on the other hand, misplayed the hand terribly. You were passive when you should have been aggressive and aggresive when you should have been passive. All of his betting from the flop to the river looks like someone with exactly what he has. Raise or fold that flop. Call or fold the river -- do not raise it. By raising the river you're probably not getting any more money from hands you beat and your losing your stack when you are beat.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Aside from calling preflop and not betting enough on the turn, I think villain played the hand well. You, on the other hand, misplayed the hand terribly. You were passive when you should have been aggressive and aggresive when you should have been passive. All of his betting from the flop to the river looks like someone with exactly what he has. Raise or fold that flop. Call or fold the river -- do not raise it. By raising the river you're probably not getting any more money from hands you beat and your losing your stack when you are beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please raise that river every single time, unless you happen to see villain is holding QJ or QQ.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:09 AM

by the way, I don't think the turn smoothcall is that bad as villain's play could very well be a heart draw that just hit the turn and doesn't want to lose you.

I would hate to raise the turn and get 3 bet and not have the chance to fill up .
Old 08-23-2005, 02:24 AM

you played it fine, he called with three outs then with two.

everyone loses their stack every time here.

fim
Old 08-23-2005, 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you can't really blame him for going all-in with nuts on the river, now can you? :-)

[/ QUOTE ]

Nuts on a paired board is quads. Only mentioning that because if you forget you will get a painful reminder, believe me I know [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]