Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Nano-limit Maniacs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You adjusted to the situation and got paid. Well done.

You also tipped me off to a fun idea that I will try out tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, looking back on my days in 0.02/0.04, these maniacs were free money. Now, it sounds like a fun thing to do! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Gotta give back -- stay true to yr nano roots.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:49 PM

regarding small pairs (66 or less):

If I am reasonably certain I can get heads up with maniac by three-betting (which can often work, when nobody else wants to get in a raise-war), I will do that, and then usually just check-call the rest of the way unless I set up. I lose the minimum when he does have a hand and still take some value when he doesn't pair up. Usually these guys aren't at the table long, so it doesn't come up often enough to cause too much of a swing if I play them careful like this. It's hard to get in a raise, as you know you will be re-raised, and it's hard to know you have the best hand when overcards are always out there on the board. Still, these guys are willing to continue betting into you often enough when they don't make a hand, and often the UI small pair is good.

Again, though, don't overcommit, and don't play them against others at the table just because the maniac is involved.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Somewhat irrelevant... but are you serious about all this? At .02/.04 there would rarely be a showdown? You gotta be kidding me! That's tighter than the 1/2 tables I've played on UB even!

[/ QUOTE ]

What can I say, there are tables like that. I usually avoid them, I'm not sure how I landed on this one.

You'd be surprised at how many rocks and weak-tight players there are at this level.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You adjusted to the situation and got paid. Well done.

You also tipped me off to a fun idea that I will try out tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]
You gotta do this at 0.01/0.02 on Ultimate Bet. It is the greatest. I did it as sort of a social experiment the other night. I put my ENTIRE table on tilt. The hand that did it was when I cold capped 32o from the small blind and flopped a pair of deuces and turned a 3. I'm not sure what the guy that was capping against me on every street had. Probably some crap like pocket aces. It was pretty funny. After going about 40 hands in a row of just capping every damn street, I was down about 2 dollars. However, I then shifted into thinking LAG mode and no one was any the wiser. I still had people capping A high against me heads up. Hell, I got one of my buddies to pay off my river value bet of bottom pair with an underpair to the board. I even won one hand 3 ways with 9 high.

One hand, I got KK, and there were 8 people in the pot. Every street was capped. I rivered the nut boat. It was absurd. I really do think there is something to selling the image that you are a stupid lag and then switching to thinking LAG once everyone is fed up with you.

The main result of the experiment: maniacs get paid off goot. I finished up 2 dollars that night (yes, a 200 BB swing).