Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Re: I dont like how I played this hand

[ QUOTE ]
i am with Victor, in that it doesn't matter much what way you do play it. personally, i prefer to c/r the flop as it increases the likelihood of me getting a cap in.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would proly checkraise the turn if 3bet on the flop. the advantage to this line is you can trap the other player twice.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:02 PM

Do you think that vilain would raise a flop bet and lead a turn with AK on such a raggy board ? If so the best line to take would have been
bet the flop - fish call - vilain raise - you call - fish call
check turn - fish check - vilain bet - you raise - fish fold - vilain call
bet - call
You gain 1 BB with that line ?
The only problem with that line is that if he is not that aggro with AK-AQ, he will often take the free card on the turn..
But if you check-call the turn, he will surely bet the turn again putting you on a weaker Ace or something and you are almost sure to have a pot like you got. By betting the flop I think you increase the odds he will check behind on the turn putting you on a pocket pair...
Old 07-12-2005, 07:12 PM

IF vilain 3 bet, you have to cap... I think AK with often 3 bet here to get a free turn card, and hands like JJ might check behind on the turn if he puts you on overpairs..
Old 07-12-2005, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IF vilain 3 bet, you have to cap... I think AK with often 3 bet here to get a free turn card, and hands like JJ might check behind on the turn if he puts you on overpairs..

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of this depends on whether the fish stays to see the turn as well, but hypothetically if Villain 3-bets this flop, it's not for a free card since the fish has position on him. Likewise, if he does have AK then he's probably betting the turn again for value since he has a vulnerable hand that he probably believes is ahead right now.

Also, a solid player at 10/20 is not checking through this turn with JJ and giving us a free chance to hit our "overs".
Old 07-12-2005, 08:12 PM

IMO, checkraising the flop is definitely best. You have the best chance of trapping the fish for the most bets and you make the most off of AK, which may only call a flop bet.

If the CR is just called, I bet the turn.

If UTG 3-bets and fish calls, I checkraise most turn cards.

If UTG 3-bets and fish folds, I checkraise if he is not that aggro and bet/3bet if I think he will raise there with lesser overpairs.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:15 PM

There is no way vilain bet the turn with overs here considering that We raised PFR OOP, unless we are considered to be a donk raiser, and considering we check raised the flop, he will either put us on a bigger pair or AT here. I mean by checkraising the flop I think you have 80+% chance vilain check behind with overs and he will check behind with JJ/QQ 40%+% of the time here. Unless he is very aggro or very stupid or that our image sucks.
If our image is the one of a solid player a 3 bet preflop OOP + checkraise on the flop will scare almost all overcards holder (they will check behind on the turn) and will most likely scare some of the JJ/QQ holder... IMO