Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 03:52 AM

Default Re: Top two pair on the flop: 3 bet before it gets to me

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. This seems very, very optimistic to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

His hand currently has a lot of value on the turn, and he has 13 outs to improve. SB obviously likes his hand if he is calling a 3-bet raise on the flop, so I dont think a raise here is going to fold him out. He is losing to the low set, but I think he is beating enough hands here to keep building this pot.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow. This seems very, very optimistic to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

His hand currently has a lot of value on the turn, and he has 13 outs to improve. SB obviously likes his hand if he is calling a 3-bet raise on the flop, so I dont think a raise here is going to fold him out. He is losing to the low set, but I think he is beating enough hands here to keep building this pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, okay, but didn't you recommend capping the turn and river unless the board gets scarier? That just seems maniacal to me.

I'm a little out of touch with 2/4 these days, but at 3/6, when UTG+2 shows this much strength despite the fact that three other players have also put in postflop bets and raises, well, the 3 available combos of 55 are really what I start thinking about.

If you want to raise the turn, fine, but I think putting in any more raises after that without improving is just reckless.

And I would just call the turn.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:43 AM

I think you are probably right. If UTG+2 3-bets the turn, the correct play is probably a call and call UI on the river.

Im still raising the turn though.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

While we're at it -- I didn't notice what your avatar was for a while, but I thought it was hilarious once I got it =P. Schneids is better, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Schneids stole his though from another source, mine came from my company. I thought it suited my poker style perfectly :P
Old 06-27-2005, 01:54 PM

I did decide to raise the turn. With the added flush outs to the turn i felt i had the pot equity to continue raising but with the intention of calling down if 3 bet unimproved. I feel calling might be a little weak here and if we all think sb is not going anywhere why not build up the pot even more and trap him for 3 bets if utg+2 raises. All of likely holdings would sense that I am behind since I really can not think of anything played that way that I'm ahead other then maybe another J10

but is this one of those cases that if i can drag sb in why not build the pot more now that i did pick up 8-9 more outs on the turn.