Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2005, 09:37 PM

Default Re: *****Official AI Thread******

[ QUOTE ]
Anthony gave his best effort of the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I was impressed. It's going to be an interesting results show...I still think there's a decent chance he could be leaving, but he did all he could to stay (and was helped by the fact everyone else had at least one "meh" or worse performance).

J
Old 05-10-2005, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anthony gave his best effort of the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I was impressed. It's going to be an interesting results show...I still think there's a decent chance he could be leaving, but he did all he could to stay (and was helped by the fact everyone else had at least one "meh" or worse performance).

J

[/ QUOTE ]

carrie was up to 62 after her first performance. i'm telling you guys, one time in bottom 2 and she becomes second favorite.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Vonzell sure looks vunerable, and Anthony gave his best effort of the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

vonzell will be DEAD LAST, or top vote getter. sympathy vote has a proven record at AI.

carrie & BO bottom 2 would not surprise me. if BO did not have a shitty first song, he would be the fav. now. out of all the country songs, why that? why not charlie daniels or something else with more of a beat?
Old 05-10-2005, 11:21 PM

Was I the only one who thought Vonzell brought her pimp to the show before they said who it was.......... those 2 were really blowing away the sterotypes [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Carrie was better last week by far, Bo's second song rocked the arena hard, Dont know what the F was up with V, but she choked on the first and nailed the second..... but I am still short her, Anthony was boring as usual

Seems this week was a non-event really, I dont think anything really changed....we'll see tomorrow
Old 05-11-2005, 01:40 AM

I'm not sure if this is genuine but Reality TV Magazine is reporting that AI screwed up the numbers again. Although the audio and graphics were correct supposedly the closed captioning numbers were incorrect (all had the phone number for carrie).

Could we see another revote show? If they proceed does it mean that carrie will be eliminated (because one of the others could cry foul).

If anyone finds this verified at a more credible source (i.e. some news source) please post a link. This could be interesting.

J
Old 05-11-2005, 01:48 AM

Probably very non pc of me,

but wtf are you doing watching american idol if you cannot hear them singing. It's a singing competition. What's a hearing impaired person gonna vote on?
Old 05-11-2005, 01:52 AM

A lot of bars, etc have CC on all the time and it frequently covers up the graphics that are on the screen. I can hear fine, but will occasionally turn it on to "hear" exactly what people are saying (or late at night I'll turn the volume down and turn on the CC so I don't wake up my roommate, etc).

Essentially, a lot of people use CC and if this is genuine it could lead to some interesting results (especially if the proceed w/o a re-vote because it could very well mean carrie is going home). I'm still waiting for this to be verified though and am somewhat skeptical (the images don't look like traditional CC which has a black background rather than transparent...at least on my TV they do).

J
Old 05-11-2005, 03:57 AM

Carrie going home would make my day.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:30 AM

(from Idol forums, but I'm pretty sure this is official)

<font color="blue"> STATEMENT REGARDING CLOSED CAPTIONING ON AMERICAN IDOL

MAY 10, 2005

During the second round of songs on the Tuesday, May 10 live broadcast, the closed-caption graphic listing call-in numbers for the various contestants was identical for every performer. While the producers and network acknowledge the closed-captioning error, the correct call-in number for each performer was still read by Ryan Seacrest and broadcast on screen during each performance, as well as the show recap.

The producers and network apologize to our hearing-impaired viewers for any confusion, and the situation was immediately corrected for our tape-delayed west coast broadcast. </font>
Old 05-11-2005, 06:38 AM

Default Anthony?

I realized I still hold some Anthony's that have been worthless for a long time now. Due to his strong showing last night, and questions about Vonzell's emotions, his stock just gained a tiny pulse.

If somehow V does get eliminated tonight, how much would Anthony be worth? Should I hold them?

Or should I just take the crappy $2 each, since it's better than getting absolutely nada?