Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2005, 11:45 PM

Default Re: Scumbags on Pokerroom stud

And I see it as similar to someone disconnecting to get the all-in protection so they don't have to call future bets.

I'm just hoping some other people would write to them about this.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:28 AM

I wrote Pokerroom complaining about this months ago, but they obviously haven't done anything to fix it. It is a little strange to me that you can only do this at the 1/2 stud table - the software does not allow you to buy in for just the ante on the 2/4+ tables. This is a very frustrating situation and when it happens at a table I am at I either go to a different table or I just start buying in for the minimum ante too, depending on the mood I'm in. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] It will be pretty ridiculous when there are whole entire tables of ante buy in people playing together [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2005, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you are at no greater or lesser dissadvantage from them doing this.. If anything it is just an annoyance and the game gets slowed down. its not cheap

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually you are at a huge disadvantage if players continue to do this. It should be obvious to you why. These opponents who play strictly for the ante are basically freerolling against you the entire way with garbage they would have folded for a full bet on third. Sure, sometimes they'll have legit hands and wish they had money in front of them to extract more. But all you need to realize is that you get MANY more unplayable hands then playable. This is big time +EV for players that do this. With that said, these players are total scumbags and the site's management is piss-poor if they allow things like this to go on.

Mike Emery
Old 04-05-2005, 10:24 AM

I don't play 1-2 stud on there so I don't know about this bug. But I occasionally play 4-8 stud on there when I need a break from Hold Em. These games are very soft, but two major problems w/ stud on there is: No option for a double bet on 4th when there is an open pair; no option to shuffle show cards at showdown.

Jeff
Old 04-05-2005, 11:08 AM

I agree that they're very soft. The other problem is that you don't have the option of bringing it in for a full bet.