Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Re: BEST WPT ever?

I also enjoyed (WPT championship season 1?) with Phil, Doyle, Alan, Kirill, and Ted. The heads-up match was great.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you referring to Tony's play with the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? That really was brilliant, even if he is the biggest a-hole in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant because it worked. Had Sumar had a stronger hand and called, we would all be here talking about how dumb Tony G's play was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactomundo and Fonzie would say
Old 03-24-2005, 07:10 PM

I enjoyed this one very much as well. I agree that shallower stacks make for worse poker but heck it made for pretty good tv.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:28 PM

I thought the play with the 63offsuit was more clever. He goaded him in to making a big bet by calling clock.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you referring to Tony's play with the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? That really was brilliant, even if he is the biggest a-hole in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant because it worked. Had Sumar had a stronger hand and called, we would all be here talking about how dumb Tony G's play was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly because having a hand strong enough to call that with comes around all the time, right? Wrong, that was a brilliant play because it is very unlikely that Sumar has a hand that will be able to call. Results are meaningless, making the right play based on the circumstances is what it's all about. Tony G. outplayed Sumar plain and simple. JMO