Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2005, 11:09 PM

Default Re: I played this hand like crap - please yell at me and help

I like the PF call, suited one gapper only under optimal conditions and this is one. I like the Preflop cap you have a great chance to make your hand, i like the cap. I would proboly check/call the turn but i dont think it makes much difference here.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a good flop to checkraise because the PFR is to your immediate left. When you bet this flop the PFR will often raise and blow the field away. If he does not raise when you bet this is a bit better but you aren't getting in the multiple bets you would like on a flop in which you have a large amount of equity. By check-raising you face the field for 1 bet at a time and really pump your equity edge. The way you played it I don't mind the flop cap but I am check/calling the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good idea.
This does two things for you:
1. Gets in more bets and keeps it multiway.
2. Makes a very easy laydown in this hand because flop action would presumably go "Hero checks, PFR bets, CO calls, Button raises". This makes it two bets to you, giving you 7:1 odds assuming you just call. If you decide to check/3bet, you risk pushing both the PFR and CO out, or getting capped by the Button. Also, the button raising the PFR might make your flush outs dead, giving you far fewer outs, and can't draw. A c/r on the flop makes this a much easier hand to just lay down on the flop.

Otherwise, I put Button on a PP between T and 3 (based on the flop play). A higher pocket pair 3bets preflop, and I think AK would either 3bet pf or fold for 2 bets on the flop (depending on the player, I dont think many players would call 2 cold on both streets).

Edit: didnt elaborate enough on why I fold with my 7:1 odds on the flop (attempted c/r). Flush outs might be dead, and PFR might reraise, giving you bad odds.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:37 AM

I would fold PF.

On the flop I would call the 3 bets for the purpose of keeping MP1 in the game. That way if you hit your flush or straight you might get an extra bet from him. Your raise pushed MP1 out, but button stayed. you got 6 bets from this. If you called and MP1 called you still get 6 bets, but now if you hit your hand you may be able to get and extra bet or two from MP1.

Turn: I would check/call this. Your up against a 777 or flush draw. So a 50/50 chance you have the best hand here.

River: you are probably a loser here. I am debating in my head between check/call and check/fold. It is check/call. Yes a call up against another flush draw you have a good chance of winning this.