Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Review of those chips found on eBay please

5Star usually offers 25% off your order. That would make their price very close to the e-bay price. I have made 3 purchases from them and have been satisfied with each one.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:19 AM

The 10 Gram Dice Chips that TenPercenter agrees with are the best buy out there....period. I can assure you they will absolutely smoke the ebay chips in regards to feel and weight and even their sound. Go with the 10 Gram Dice chips. You won't be sorry.

John
www.pokerchipreviews.com
Old 03-17-2005, 01:35 AM

The 10-grammers are the best buy out there for cheap chips.... unbelievable 5-star deal for 6¢ each plus reasonable shipping. And they feel and sound better than "cheap" chips. If you're not ready for better chips (like Nexgens) or the best chips (Paulson/Chipco), these are fantastic.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
5Star usually offers 25% off your order. That would make their price very close to the e-bay price. I have made 3 purchases from them and have been satisfied with each one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ths 6 cents per chip includes the 5-star discount. Make no mistake, the e-bay deal is cheaper...the question here is are you getting the exact same product and is it in brand new condition and if you feel the seller is trustworthy, and if the $16 savings is worth the risk (in your mind).

I'm a big fan of 5star as well but I want to be clear to the original poster that the ebay option is the cheaper deal of the two.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
6c chips

You might consider these. Nice weight. Nice texture.

[/ QUOTE ]

how do these feel compared to a more mid-grade chip like a nexgen or the neophytes on buypokerchips...i don't really know that much about low- to mid-grade chips, but i have a sample of the neophytes, and they're pretty nice for a cheaper chip...wish i could afford some paulsons now, but i need to build up my bankroll a bit more before i get some of those... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2005, 09:37 PM

OK
I've bought my fair share of cheap chips, so here's my 2 cents:
When this mold looks shiny, they are usually very plastic-y sounding. They may be 4g, they may be 8g.
This mold has many, many compositions, and the best of them are rather nice- but the worst of them are kinda gross.
6 cents is not a very good price for them- you can find them for 4 cents if you are patient.
Is it absolutely imperative that you spend this little on these chips?
10 cents will get you almost any 11.5g chips with edge stripes. 18 cents will get you nexgens.
You can get actual Clay for 35 cents!
My main quibbles with buying these chips: They have virtually no resale value, you can't choose colors, and you will immediately want to upgrade. They are also dangerous in ring games. Do you really need so many?
Buy the very smallest quantity of the cheapest chips you can get away with. 300 chips will serve a 10 player tourney very well, if you have 3 colors. When you build your bankroll, upgrade to a level that you will enjoy for years to come.