Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2002, 11:01 AM

Default Re: I am pretty sure that was me...

I think you took my comment the wrong way. I had no problem with the way you played the hand. 6 handed, I would have reraised as you suggest. I was disagreeing with the way the button played preflop. A8 six handed is a reraise or fold hand and most definitely not a call two bets cold hand.
Old 09-18-2002, 05:30 PM

Drew - I WAS the button in this hand, I am a different guy than the one who started the post.

If MG is right, and it was six-handed, then I have absolutely no excuse for not making it three bets, especially against the raiser. Six-handed, I would not have been so sensitive to being seen as always three-betting this one guy. I honestly don't remember if there were six players or not at this point.

If it were a full table, I assure you, I was thinking I would call with A8s and then raise the guy when he autobet the flop, almost no matter what came. The reason I was thinking this way is:

The blinds might or might not come along, but if they did they would probably check to the pre-flop raiser who would autobet, and I would almost certainly autoraise. That puts exactly the amount of pressure on the blinds (if they came along at all) to help me define their hands in case they call my raise cold (or reraise). Some may argue why not 3-bet and get them out in the first place, take their $15 as dead money and be done with it. But in my recent experience at the Taj, I might be better off having them call and taking the $25 or $40 dead money when my flop raise forces them out. It just instinctually felt like the way to go.

And again, if it was six-handed, cancel all this, and I am a big dope for not 3-betting, especially because I would do that unhesitatingly with that hand in that situation.

Sorry for the confusion

Old 09-19-2002, 03:55 PM

I think the real question here is -- why is your handle 99 rather than AA, KK...? [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I hope East Coast poker is treating you well!
Old 09-20-2002, 08:26 AM

We did have six players at the time. And four of then played poorly