Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Anyone Day trading?

[ QUOTE ]
i am a very winning poker player, and under that assumption alone i feel that i could be a +EV day trader. maybe thats a niave statement and if it is id really apprecate the harsh reality before i waste my time. i know nothing about day trading and this contract thing you speak of his out of my understanding. how successful could a successful day trader be? im currently beating 20/40 for over a BB/hr. would day trading surpass that? i assume it depends entirely upon bankroll size. what size bankroll should i have before bothering to learn the ins and outs of day trading in order to make more money than i am at poker? my learning methods would be these forums and reading dozens of books.

could you recommend any books that would be good for someone interested in learning how to day trade, that doesnt understand anything about it, but is able to comprehend sophisticated financial and numerical analysis?

thanks alot

-mike

[/ QUOTE ]

This post is ridiculous on many levels. First of all, since when is being a "very winning poker player" equate to beating $20/$40 for one bb an hour. We are living in a poker boom where every monkey with a dollar to his name has decided to play poker. Now that you can beat monkeys at a modest limit, you are extrapolating that you can win at something that you know absolutely nothing about. Sweet post from top to bottom.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:31 AM

id first like to clarify that just because i feel that i could succeed in the stock market simply because i am a winning poker player, does not further imply that any winning poker player can be a winning stock market investor. the reason that i feel i could succeed in the stock market is because my reason for success in poker is very different than most players. regardless, i wish i could retract my statement because i realize how much of a generalization it is, along with the fact that it is a statement based nothing evidential. the reason that i am a successful poker player is because i am able to dedicate myself to improving, and assuming i could hold the same motivational spirit in SMI, i would take the time to learn the ins and outs before jumping into unchartered territories. another reason i am a winning poker player is because i am able to think on a logical level, that the majority of the population cannot. with those two qualities combined, i feel that i can have success in relatively anything i choose to dedicate myself to, assuming it is within the realm of my hereditary skill sets.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 01-25-2005, 01:56 PM

Any traders out there in NYC area looking to recruit new blood to their firm feel free to private message me. I am a avid poker player in my mid twenties looking to move from financial services into trading. I prefer to get into institutional trading but am also interested in day trading. Talk to you soon...