FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2005, 09:33 PM

Default Re: The real NFL championship will be in Pittsburgh 2 weeks from now

Yea, Colts/Pats is the real Superbowl.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well that would be a stupid bet. Just because TO plays in the SB doesn't mean he'll be effective. The doctors and TO can say whatever they want in the media... the truth is unless some freak of nature thing happens TO will not be healthy for the SB. Although a 10% TO is better than a 100% Stinkston.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are severely misguided in your opinions - put up or shut up.

See you in Jacksonville [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm misguided just because you listen to and believe media? LOL!

Here's a perfect example :

Roethlisberger was in CBS this morning in an interview and he was asked about his ribs. He said they are fine and were never a problem.

Now if I was gullible to listen to the media, I'd think Ben is fine. The truth though is he's not fine, may need surgery at the end of the year and will be wearing protection for the rest of the year.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:35 PM

I would agree that the winner of this game has a legitimate shot, although Pittsburgh clearly has the easier path since they only have to beat one of the legitimate contenders.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:35 PM

You have about as much reason to believe that TO won't play in the Super Bowl as I have to believe that he will. For right now it's a pissing contest, but one that I'm not afraid to defend with a wager. It seems as if you're just posturing and waving your little yellow towel over there in front of your computer instead of stepping up. Enjoy yourself.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:38 PM

You are assuming they get to the Super Bowl, which is not an easy task without TO - McNabb will have to do it by himself, since he will be getting no help from the recievers, and the defences will be able to concentrate on stopping the run.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:40 PM

I don't think this is an accurate statement - Brian Westbrook will be going absolutely apesh!t on defenses during the playoffs. He will be lined up in a number of different positions, and with absolutely no game film for other teams to use to gameplan against the Eagles without TO, there will be quite a few surprises to keep defenses guessing. Westbrook was the second leading receiver on the team this year, with only a few catches less than TO. McNabb will NOT have to do it by himself, he will have help (albeit mainly from Westbrook, but also from capable tight ends and admittedly average receivers).

This is a very different team from last year's, and as we say in Philly post-TO injury - "Better team than last year, just not last month". I'm assuming they'll make it there because they will. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2005, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have about as much reason to believe that TO won't play in the Super Bowl as I have to believe that he will. For right now it's a pissing contest, but one that I'm not afraid to defend with a wager. It seems as if you're just posturing and waving your little yellow towel over there in front of your computer instead of stepping up. Enjoy yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should I enter a bet I won't win. If the Eagles make it to the Super Bowl, I have no doubt TO will dress.

Just because he dresses though doesn't mean he'll be a playmaker in the game. Now if you want to make a bet that TO will go for 100+ yards receiving in the Super Bowl, then I'm wit it.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why should I enter a bet I won't win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe next time you shouldn't fire off comments like:

"that wishful thinking in TO being back is a joke."

And then back off it a few posts later. He will dress, he will be effective, he will score at least one touchdown - have a great day, and good luck against the Jets who you barely beat earlier this year. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2005, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think this is an accurate statement - Brian Westbrook will be going absolutely apesh!t on defenses during the playoffs. He will be lined up in a number of different positions, and with absolutely no game film for other teams to use to gameplan against the Eagles without TO, there will be quite a few surprises to keep defenses guessing. Westbrook was the second leading receiver on the team this year, with only a few catches less than TO. McNabb will NOT have to do it by himself, he will have help (albeit mainly from Westbrook, but also from capable tight ends and admittedly average receivers).

This is a very different team from last year's, and as we say in Philly post-TO injury - "Better team than last year, just not last month". I'm assuming they'll make it there because they will. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love your picks, but if pinkston and mitchell are average, who are below average?
Old 01-09-2005, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and good luck against the Jets who you barely beat earlier this year. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like we barely beat the Eagles?