Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2004, 10:40 PM

Default Re: David Sklansky and the big Bellagio game.

Sklansky's books are about winning money at poker. I've never met the man personally, but I assume he doesn't write about the game as logically as he does and then go play as a boost to his ego. I'd be willing to bet if he felt the game was more profitable than some others available to him he would play in it. If that's not the case, and Mr. Sklansky is lacking in some way as to make him back away from the game, hopefully he will enlighten us here.

That to me would be the more interesting question... What do the world's foremost poker authorities site as leaks in their own game?

Best Wishes

AAeyes
Old 12-20-2004, 11:22 PM

Gates used to be regular in the Mirage 3/6 I heard.
Old 12-21-2004, 06:33 AM

kind of off subject, but i was in tunica over the summer and David won the $30 limit/no limit rebuy add on tournament held at gold strike. i got knocked out shortly after it switched to no limit (should have rebought, ie. donated) and moved over to the 1-2 nl game where i won about 700. i think David won about 1500 in the tournament. in my opinion some people just like to play... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] It doesn't have to be bigger to be action and he doesn't strike me as an action junkie. Doyle however is another story..
gummy d
Old 12-21-2004, 07:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see the point to this thread. Is there a point beside flaming?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to make something clear, this thread is not at all about flaming. It is about finding what makes the difference in a game of a very high theoretical caliber (ie where everyone knows poker theory very well).

And I used mr Sklansky as an example of the extremely good theoretical player, who passes on this game, nothing personal here (well also it guarantees some reads!).
Old 12-21-2004, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see the point to this thread. Is there a point beside flaming?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to make something clear, this thread is not at all about flaming. It is about finding what makes the difference in a game of a very high theoretical caliber (ie where everyone knows poker theory very well).

[/ QUOTE ]

You spend more time waiting for the fish? You're bedside prayer includes giving regulars nightmares so they will make one or two mistakes over the course of ten hours?