Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Choose one hand to play
King Queen off 5 15.15%
Ace Five suited 28 84.85%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2004, 12:24 AM

Default Re: How much do you tip the pizza delivery guy?

[ QUOTE ]
I have a million funny stories from delivering

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a "hot mom" answer the door dripping wet in a towel (that sounds bad [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] ). Also I got offered bong hits regularly at the college in town. It really was a fun job.

J
Old 12-06-2004, 12:41 AM

I got many a hot chick/wife answering doors in questionable attire, as well as the full gamut of illegal substance offerings.

I never got held up, but I did get in a assulted/fight with a customer who was pissed I didn't bring his 2-liter of Coke.

I agree 100% though the job was fun as hell, for a part-time thing.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got many a hot chick/wife answering doors in questionable attire, as well as the full gamut of illegal substance offerings.

I never got held up, but I did get in a assulted/fight with a customer who was pissed I didn't bring his 2-liter of Coke.

I agree 100% though the job was fun as hell, for a part-time thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto except for the fight. I avgd about 17$/hr working at dominoes. not bad for a crappy job....

worked there for a year, still cant spell their name......
Old 12-06-2004, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When I did this in the ATL I delivered for two diff. mom and pop pizzeria, one in a high rent area one a more middle class area, the people in the middle class area tipped better overall and were much nicer

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I experienced the same thing delivering in Ohio.

No freshly showered women for me...but we did set an over/under some nights on how many shirtless fat guys would answer the door. (Unfortunately, if the number was 3 or less then it would usually go over) Dude, you are already too lazy to even leave the house to feed your family, at least have the decency to throw a shirt on for chrissakes.

While working for Domino's, I had a guy bust my passenger window one night to steal a "pizza" from my front seat while I was out of the car making a delivery. Unfortunately for him, all he got was the empty bag from my last delivery. Damn, I would have bought him a pizza for not breaking the window. I gave up delivering shortly after.

I averaged about $16 an hour if I remember right. It was the perfect job for me. I would get cash tips, which I would use to spend on my girlfriend, on gas, food, and poker, sports betting and the racetrack. If I lost it all, I still got a paycheck, and had no bills, so life was good.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I averaged about $16 an hour if I remember right. It was the perfect job for me. I would get cash tips, which I would use to spend on my girlfriend, on gas, food, and poker, sports betting and the racetrack. If I lost it all, I still got a paycheck, and had no bills, so life was good.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the second place I was probably avg. $15 and hour.

The first place that was in the high rent area was just opening. I was their first delivery guy and it was their first business, they didn't have any clue how to pay me.

When I started they asked me if $10 and hour plus tips was cool, I was like hell yeah!

At first it was real slow and so it was maybe 12 and hour at best for first two months, when it started really getting busy I was avg. $45+ and hour on Fri. and Sat.(I only worked Thur-Sun.).

About a year and a half into it one of the owners went to one of those damn pizza conventions in Vegas and found out that I was grossly overpaid(no sh*t sherlock), came back an re-negotiated my deal(i.e. told me I would get gas/mileage and tips only from now on or I could hit the bricks).

Pretty good while it lasted.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:37 AM

I'd like to map generosity to win rates.

~D
Old 12-06-2004, 05:14 AM

yeah, its def a cool job. I avged about $20/hr at pizza hut. Seen several naked women, had 2 offers for sex (didnt take either), and I dont think I ever delivered on a fri/sat night were I wasn't either tipped in xanex pills or offered some illegal substance
Old 12-06-2004, 05:29 AM

I ordered pizza tonight and it was $25 bucks just for me....1 large deep dish and an order of chicken kickers, yum! I tipped him 2 bucks and there was a 1.50 delivery fee. I was gonna tip $4 till he rolled up with a cigar in his mouth. I'm not a big fan of smoking (tobacco) and did not want MY money going toward his habit [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] So I discretely removed two of the one dollar bills from the wad before I handed it to him.

On a related note, I realized tonight that ordering pizza, even when its $25 bucks for me alone, is +EV. Do you see why?
Old 12-06-2004, 10:35 AM

I tip $1+whatever coin change there is after my order.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:43 AM

If you are a regular customer, doesn't the possibility of human fluids finding their way into future pizzas affect your tip policy?