Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2004, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Last Keller Card Player Article ?!?

I don't think Keller played it too badly. Fischman, however, played it brilliantly, much as it pains me to say it.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:01 PM

Keep in mind that it's a 6 man table, and the stacks are pretty deep relative to the preflop raise, and his KJ is suited.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:53 PM

OK, looks like I play too tight preflop then...
Still, I don't think I like the risk/reward on the river bet+call.
What is the guy going to call your bet with? You cold-called a preflop raise, then a helf-pot flop bet? What ii he going to put you on to pay you with a worse hand?
Also, when he raises you, how do you like your river bet with KJ?
Might be too tight, but to me you are just going to put yourself in a lot of tough spot betting that river...
Old 11-26-2004, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Might be too tight, but to me you are just going to put yourself in a lot of tough spot betting that river...

[/ QUOTE ]

the only time he gets put in a semi tough spot is when fishman c/r the river smallish. this line doesnt happen often after the turn goes check check, so he didnt figure this risk outweighed the advantages of value betting fishman.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:57 PM

Yeah, I don't like his play much at all here. Maybe a flop raise to like 1200 gets him off it cheaper, but I like checking out better overall. The river value bet is -EV I think, and the river CR call I personally think is TERRIBLE. What IS it with me constantly seeing top players calling "call me" bets/raises mitigated by pot odds? That's what makes them "Call me" bets.
Old 11-26-2004, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I don't like his play much at all here. Maybe a flop raise to like 1200 gets him off it cheaper, but I like checking out better overall. The river value bet is -EV I think, and the river CR call I personally think is TERRIBLE. What IS it with me constantly seeing top players calling "call me" bets/raises mitigated by pot odds? That's what makes them "Call me" bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, daliman...think about that for a sec.
If you consistantly folded to "call me" bets, do you think your opponents wouldn't notice? Or do you think they would only continue to make "call me" bets w/ hands that are better than yours?

This thread has so much bad advice, it's sick. You guys would get torn up in the MTT forum.

-sossman

edited to say that that last sentance wasn't directed at daliman in particular, but the rest of the respondents in general who advocate folding preflop (mistake) or to the check raise (bigger mistake)
Old 11-26-2004, 07:25 PM

soss, please feel free to repost this in MTT forum. he played this hand okay/poorly.
Old 11-26-2004, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
soss, please feel free to repost this in MTT forum. he played this hand okay/poorly.

[/ QUOTE ]

folding preflop (on a 6 handed table) and folding to the small river check raise after the turn goes check-check are both very exploitable with this lineup.
Old 11-26-2004, 07:48 PM

his position is the worst at the table for calling the raise prefop. on the river, fischman just outplayed him. keller shoudl ahve gone with his read and folded. in my experience, river checkraises like that are almost always good hands. wha thand could fishman of been bluffing with there?
Old 11-26-2004, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in my experience, river checkraises like that are almost always good hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

define "almost" (while remembering that he only needed to be right 20% of the time (maybe slightly less w/ metagame considerations) for the call to be correct)
don't forget that it went check check on the turn.