Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2004, 06:40 AM

Default Re: Tired and/or bored = tilt! :(

Have to make a plug for Stars here -- they have 5 or 6 rebuy bonuses a year and SNGs count towards earning the points to get the bonus.
Old 11-25-2004, 07:50 AM

My main games are Party 30+3 NLHE SnG's but to blow off steam I love to play .50 limit omaha full ring games, talk about loose....wooohoooo
Old 11-25-2004, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
after 2 hrs of play, i'm down $25. it takes 4hrs for me to clear 700 raked hands. so now if i just break even to get the $100 bonus, i would only make $75 profit for 4hrs play which is a little less than $20/hr. (i make $25/hr on SnG's.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont even bother with bonuses anymore. They are a waste of time if you can make more $$/hour playing your regular game. If you can combine the two then its a great little boost though. SnG rake doesnt count towards bonus clearning on empire (I think it used to)

Bonus whoring can be a fun great way to build a bankroll from scratch. The empire 500 was fantasitc for me getting my feet of the ground to go 100% pro. Havent looked back since.

[/ QUOTE ]

i get 45 raked hands per table x 4 tables = 180. 700 raked hands = ~4hrs. $100/4 = $25/hr if i just break even, which is the same as my SnG rate. and i was averaging $2/hr per table (10/hr profit for the quad) until i became a LAG and ended up -$25 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2004, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have to make a plug for Stars here -- they have 5 or 6 rebuy bonuses a year and SNGs count towards earning the points to get the bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

my $$/hour rate would still be lower there. Party has a reload bonus almost every month.

[ QUOTE ]
i get 45 raked hands per table x 4 tables = 180. 700 raked hands = ~4hrs. $100/4 = $25/hr if i just break even, which is the same as my SnG rate. and i was averaging $2/hr per table (10/hr profit for the quad) until i became a LAG and ended up -$25

[/ QUOTE ]

Until I moved up to the 30+3s 8tabling it was worth it for me too, but now its just not. I think I could clear about 200hands/hour 4tabling a NL ring at .20/hand that is about $40/hour breaking even. I guess if I was able to 8 table NL rings for the bonus then it would be worth it. my SnG rate is about $65/hour.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:13 PM

I would add some obvious mistakes that I know I make:

Don't sit at an SnG (or even worse an MTT) if you have somewhere you have to be before it finishes. So for a reasonably sized MTT you need at least 5 hours. I've been close to the money before and made stupid bets because of this.

Don't sit down if there's a good chance you will be interrupted - example the kids are going to be home in about 30 minutes.

Don't play wasted (although just a few pints seems to help my game).

Don't play when irritated or angry. You won't be able to concentrate.

I'm guilty of all the above and it affects my ROI.