Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2004, 06:16 AM

Default Re: Can you say \"Big Pot\"?

i wouldnt mind making the bare king of diamonds fold there.
Old 11-21-2004, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What hands do he want to knock out ?

[/ QUOTE ]

a gutshot straight draw, any pocket pair, any ace, any king, any 6. and who knows, maybe some of the posters in this thread were there, itching to throw away top pair [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].
Old 11-21-2004, 08:06 AM

The King or ace of diamonds are going nowhere. Overpairs are not folding. 9t has a double gutshot and you want him to hit the jack.

That about any ace or any king is only correct if he is currently in the lead, which I really do not think he is.

Kim
Old 11-21-2004, 12:02 PM

I know it is the Party 15/30 game, but he didn't say whether the CO or button were maniacs and they both called 3 cold. Do you really think our hero didn't need to improve to win this hand? Do you like his aggressiveness at the turn?
Old 11-21-2004, 02:45 PM

In that game, the types of players that call 3 cold usually have some sort of suited trash when they do so.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:01 AM

I'm going to bump this because I'm not satisfied with the responses. With the exception of RobK, EzCheese, mmcd, and CrackerZack who had usefull comments, those who derided my play did not offer any good reason for doing so (other than that I probably need to improve to win). I think those who said that I badly misplayed this hand are dead wrong.

I think the only debatable play here was raising the turn. Perhaps calling is the better option, but due to the size of the pot I choose to take the most aggressive option available to me.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think the only debatable play here was raising the turn. Perhaps calling is the better option, but due to the size of the pot I choose to take the most aggressive option available to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I'm not quite sure if you are just trolling the forum or not, but it would seem like folding the turn was the correct play. You don't have odds to try and spike you set when you include the likely raises, and the possibility that you spike your set and still lose.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:47 AM

"The King or ace of diamonds are going nowhere"

It is entirely possible that the K of diamonds will fold this turn as he may be drawing dead to either a full house, or the Ace could be out there. He would be wrong to do so, but that's why we want him to fold- players (even good ones) make mistakes all the time, rasing in big pots is a good way to force players into those mistakes.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:50 AM

Max-
I agree with your raise on the turn- i could see it being a mistake against a small very specific set of players, but in general there are players who will lay down with appropriate outs/odds to call with here.

On a side question-
do you bet the river if a blank falls and its checked to you?
Old 11-23-2004, 11:41 AM

Max:

Not sure what else you can do, you raised at every opportunity to increase your chances of winning a huge pot and forcing others to call more bets when there is a reasonable chance you may still have the best hand, but I do believe you needed the river to take it down! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

SB have an A8s/K8s/Q8s? UTG+1 something silly like QTs?