Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2004, 09:47 PM

Default Re: A hand worthy of discussion

The tight/passive table label is what bothers me so much about this hand. The overcards we can't count as full outs because UTG could easily have JT/QT. The double gut shot draw opens things up a little on the turn. But if this table is tight/passive how much does one expect to make from a lone opponent if the draw gets there? If this table was LAG, or if the opponent was LAG, then I think the play is fine. But with the table being tight/passive I see this hand as -EV. Your hand is either no good, or you won't make much if it gets good.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tight and passive huh.

I might have saved a bet on the end. Againsts a tight passive player I don't think you're good 1-7 on the river. In the heat of the moment I probably would have called expecting this call to be, at best, even money in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

the table was tight passive, not every single player

I think if he has a hand with an ace, that was worthy of betting the flop, he would have checkraised the turn with his now 2 pair, so I think ive got a pretty good chance of being ahead with my queens
Old 09-17-2004, 10:37 PM

Normally Id muck, but if youve got a read and are gonna play, I dont see why you shouldnt open raise.

Postflop is fine.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:55 PM

I don't think 2 pair or any Ace is going to CR the turn but that's beside the point if my opponent is tight and passive I think the river call is close at best, if I had no read I'll probably call down everytime.