Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2004, 09:34 PM

Default Re: MY river move... RESULTS

Ahhhh...last place for me. Know your role! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2004, 09:49 PM

So the only things in my mind that I can beat by the river are 88 and 99 specifically.

garlard - the range of hands your opponent can hold that you beat here is MUCH wider than that. you consistently give your opponents too much credit. i had a guy with T5s chase undercards on a drawless board against me yesterday after I raised preflop. I bet my QQ on the river, and he called. T-high. Busted dra....well, busted something, cause he didnt have a draw.

I went through the range of hands my opponent would do these three things with: a) cold-call a preflop raise b) call the flop c) call the turn.

the opponents i play against - I cant even BEGIN to narrow down their holdings just because they coldcall, or call on the flop. I dont even try. most could have almost any two cards.

I think you missed a value bet.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:07 PM

Hi balkii,

May I ask where you play online? There may be a difference between where you play and Absolute. Absolute players tend to have some sort of clue. For example, my opponent wont call the river on K-high. (I can't believe you found an opponent willing to call on T-high! Not exactly a dime a dozen, don't you admit?)

I guess you've been spoiled a bit by horrible players, but here at $5/$10 Absolute land I give my opponents some credit unless proven otherwise.

Thanks as always for your comments.

Garland