Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2004, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Seriously

Agreed. And let's not forget, we often make judgements on our opponents w/ just 30 hands in the database for them.

I've had 30 hand runs where I've been 0% VPIP and 60% VPIP. It's crazy for me to draw any conclusions about my own play in 30 hands, but we still make these decisions about our opponents just after 30 hands.

So in saying that, yes... I'm ready to move up.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:36 PM

30 hands!? Sometimes I make the decision in one hand. I see someone limp UTG with J7o, or 82s and I make a lot of assumptions in a hurry.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:41 PM

Some stats, like VP$IP however, gravitate towards their true value fairly quickly.

But even these statistics hide the true picture. Some players might have a hard time folding AJo preflop, but might not play 86s in LP for one bet. They trade one hand that is unprofitable, for another one that is, and there statistics seem right, but they aren't getting results because they find themselves in difficult situations all the time.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:43 PM

I hvae about 20k hands and one thing I noticed is that I'm playing hands like AJo, KQo, KJo, and QJo way way too often. I've lost more money on QJo than any other hand. My cold calls on these hand are scary high. I'm pretty confident that I know I'm missplaying these hands. They should not be the big losers that they are.

One way that I can see that I'm no where near the long run yet is that QQ is my #1 moneymaker over 20k hands. Its slightly behind AA in BB/hand but I've had it 15 more times. Right now the order for me is AA, QQ, AKs, KK, JJ, KJs. Interesting stuff.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have about 20k hands and one thing I noticed is that I'm playing hands like AJo, KQo, KJo, and QJo way way too often. I've lost more money on QJo than any other hand. My cold calls on these hand are scary high.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Scary high" for any of these hands would be anything over .00.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:47 PM

I think you forgot to switch accounts, bison.
Old 09-14-2004, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've lost more money on QJo than any other hand. My <font color="red">cold calls </font> on these hand are scary high.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've found your problem with QJo I don't think I've ever cold called with this trash [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]