Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2001, 08:31 PM

Default YOU GUYS HAVE FEELINGS?!?

Geez, I didn't know you guys cared what you had... for crying out loud, I am more comfortable with a busted hand because I only have one set of odds to calculate, no outs. Sometimes I consider whether I could play better if I just didn't even look at my cards, but I have to just in case I have the rockets, you know...

I mean, I like to isolate a guy and then stare right into his soul. Then, whatever I do, it is purely a reaction to him, no radiation whatsoever. I have cards? It would be much easier to pretend to be limping with some kind of draw, spend your time reading him, and then, BANG, bet at just the right moment.

I mean, there are a lot of calculations to be done even in a single round of betting, and most opponents are on a visible rollercoaster as you watch the new permutations unfold in their heads, and as you watch them build in new information.

So, in each round if you want a guy to drop, there is a correct moment to bet, a correct second. Sometimes it doesn't come. The more you stare, the more they radiate, the more you know how much they care what you have or not. It's a radar game, you have to be looking right at them the moment you bet or call, the moment the card hits, the moment...

Geez, I have cards?

Maybe if they think it's just a head game, if you can draw them into one, they will play without regard to their cards, too...

Maybe that's why I'm such a loser...