Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2004, 01:33 AM

Default Re: The Craziest Home Game Ever

On Celeb Poker Showdown tonight, the dude who busted out on the first hand (Adam Rodriguez?) made me think of this post.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2004, 01:45 PM

where is this game please? If you dont want to take their money, please let us. The chip/blind structure should be your 1st inclination that these people have no clue what they're doing.

Sounds like the only thing missing is the little kid in the back play the deliverance song on his banjo.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:20 PM

It's in Flint Michigan. Have fun trying to win. Your only hope is to get a good hand and hope you dont have 9 callers. It might sound easy but with 40 chips and 1 sb 2 bb you have to make a move quick. You cannot bluff, semi bluff, or get anyone to fold, under any circumstances! In my opinion it truly is a 100% luck game they play and I dont think anyone could dominate like they say they would. Add to that the fact that one of them smells like either hot garbage or dirty socks, depending on which way the ceiling fan blows, and it is a very sick atmosphere.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:03 PM

I'd have to agree with G, I don't know that this game is winnable. Yeah It sounds good at first but Kings lose the majority of the time to eight callers. Plus, with blinds that high you have to get your best hand in two or three orbits or your double up will barley bring you back to see level (of course a lucky octupple up would due nicely).
In other words flip a coin before you go, if you win then go and get used to that coin since it will offer the best odds you'll be seeing that night.

Cody
Old 09-06-2004, 12:01 AM

Default So I Lied

I went back last night after striking out at finding another game. Same people but this time it is 80 bucks to get in. I dont know for sure but I think they think I am a fish. And that was the reason for the higher buy in. Anyway it was crazy as usual but for a different reason. First hand I get A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Second hand I get A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Third hand I get 88. Fourth hand I get 55. Broke the whole table on 4 hands and won 800 bucks. On the first hand a guy had QQ and another had AK so I see why they played. The other 3 hands I won they thought I was bullshittin, and called, to in there words "put up or shut up"! LOL!!!!

I also stayed for a second game for the simple reason that smelly had bathed recently and was'nt as bothersome. I won that one too. It was more of a grind but I got a pretty big chip lead early by hitting a nut flush on the flop with 2 callers. 1 had a lower flush and 1 had a set. After that I had like 120 chips and I could play more aggressive. Very good night overall!

Next home game I report on will be a game my Mom got me into with the Doctor she works for. Its alot more money but these guys know how to play. Hmmmmmmm, I think I heard that before. Hope these Doctors dont turn out to be smelly sock puffy shirt and Eminem types.
Old 09-06-2004, 01:18 AM

Default Re: So I Lied

Good for you! Winning despite the ability of your opponents shows skill. It doesn’t matter if they other players are more or less skilled you still accomplished your goals. Actually, I think that many home games don’t play Texas Hold’em but instead play Texas no fold’em. Then again I have heard the pros on TV complain about the amateurs play in their tournaments. Only to watch a pro betting or going all in on a hand I would never play. I guess it’s all relative. The bottom line is you have to make the choices and bets to win no matter what level of opponent you play against. Good job.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:40 AM

Default Re: So I Lied

[ QUOTE ]
I went back last night after striking out at finding another game. Same people but this time it is 80 bucks to get in. I dont know for sure but I think they think I am a fish. And that was the reason for the higher buy in. Anyway it was crazy as usual but for a different reason. First hand I get A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Second hand I get A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Third hand I get 88. Fourth hand I get 55. Broke the whole table on 4 hands and won 800 bucks. On the first hand a guy had QQ and another had AK so I see why they played. The other 3 hands I won they thought I was bullshittin, and called, to in there words "put up or shut up"! LOL!!!!

I also stayed for a second game for the simple reason that smelly had bathed recently and was'nt as bothersome. I won that one too. It was more of a grind but I got a pretty big chip lead early by hitting a nut flush on the flop with 2 callers. 1 had a lower flush and 1 had a set. After that I had like 120 chips and I could play more aggressive. Very good night overall!

[/ QUOTE ]

The entire tournament was over in 4 hands? haaaaa hahahha.

I came back to this thead as I remember how funny it was a few months ago, I never even saw this update. My god.