Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2004, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Where would you semi-retire? (slightly OT)

How much is cable?

What's Costa Rica like?
Old 08-02-2004, 01:13 AM

i'm off to europe.
perhaps italy or france....but i won't rule out any other possibilities.

may be reality in 2 or 3 years if somehow this whole poker-boom can continue (a very big IF). if not, then i'll have to come up with a different plan.

hey cubs....what about austria?? not your cup of retirement-tea??
Old 08-02-2004, 01:33 AM

I have never fished on the ocean but would jump at the chance. Im in the process of planning a trip to Smith Mountain lake here in the virgina... ive never been striper fishing and the prices look fairly decent so when i get the time im heading out there. If i ever do get a place up north i think it would be a blast to have a 2+2 fishing outing... i would of course have some sort of deal for you guys [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I have recently been surfing the web and the resorts up there are priced pretty resonabily (about the price of a upper middle class home in the states). I think this a realistic goal...maybe 10 years down the road if i plan right and play lots of poker. AHHHH...i cant wait.

cubs
Old 08-02-2004, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How much is cable?

What's Costa Rica like?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cable was 221$ us for 3 months of internet and tv about 100 channels inc playboy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] , i prepaid one lump sum i dont know how much it is per month just for internet. The installaion fee is included in that also.

Whats costa rica like? I dont know where to start...It's the richest of the central american countries but it's still very poor,the average wage is 2$ an hour.A fellow 2+2er i met down here teaches english for ...2.85$ an hour lol. Just to give u an idea a pack of cigarettes is 1.25$ and u can eat a good meal for less than 5$ in a restaurant. Right now is the rainy season so we get about an hour of heavy rain everyday around 4pm.Temperature is about 28c on avg in san jose, on the coast its very humid and a little hotter. What else u want to know?
Old 08-02-2004, 02:00 AM

I have a ways to go before retirement (im only 26) but europe is not out of the question. I love europe... I went to grad school in london and did a degree in european politics and have been dating a parisian gal for 2 years now so I may eventually end up there at some point in my life. I would love to be there now but it is so hard to get a work permit.

Vienna is a great city but the western part of austria in the mountains is more my thing.... at least far as semi-retirement would be concerned. I think something more rural would be my thing... atleast for a good chunk of the year... plus rural living is so much cheaper so the buck would go further.

cubs
Old 08-02-2004, 03:01 AM

Goodluck man, sounds like lots of fun.

Ponks
Old 08-02-2004, 10:27 AM

I was thinking the same thing! I have a 7 month old daughter and would love to show her the country from a mobile home before she starts school. What better way to finance the trip than to play poker all over the country.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:30 AM

Default (slightly OT) more OT

Nomar gonna bring you a World Series before you retire? As long as we are fantasizing here, how about watching Nomar play all seven World Series games between Fenway and Wrigley? Oh to dream......
Old 08-02-2004, 12:07 PM

How much is rent for a nice 7 room appartment? Are the people nice? How are the women?
Old 08-02-2004, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much is rent for a nice 7 room appartment? Are the people nice? How are the women?

[/ QUOTE ]

Renting a 3 bedroom house in a rich area for 600us$ a month, i think you would have a hard time finding a 7 bedroom house most are pretty small.

The people are very friendly, when we were looking to rent a house we met a woman posting ads for her rental place and she came with us in our car and showed us about 4 places to rent, she wasn't a realtor or anything she was just being nice. However many costa ricans try to rip you off if you try to buy things theres a local price and a gringo price. If u don't act like a tourist you will be fine.

The women....no fatties, they all wear tight clothes and love to show off their bodies. Lots of them want a foreign man to marry , i have never seen so many beautiful women in my life. Just walking down the street you will see so many hotties. Prostitution is legal here so you gotta be careful of the girls u pick up in bars u might end up having to pay!