Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2004, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Have You Ever Stuffed Your Pants Inadvertently?

I don't agree. It's highly irresponsible of someone to lose a classified report; that is a disgrace and it is right he lost hs postion on the Kerry campaign and being investigated. The notes and where he put them aren't really that interesting. If he didn't need them immediately and was a sloppy person he might stuff them in his pocket. It wasn't ilegal for him to remove them without someone checking. The comparison with Cheney and Bush is silly; they are the Vice-President and President respectively, Berger is of much less importance. Furthermore, he has quit while Cheney, RUmsfeld et al stayed in place despite clear conflicts of interest, torture and killings on their watch and a massive intelligence and security cock-up in Iraq. Taking notes and a report you've already read (indeed you commissioned) while irresponsible and deserving of punishment if true, is totally trivial in comparison.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:48 AM

Uh, no. Don't see your point at all.

Bush and his band of corporate crooks have so many things so much worse without a whimper from anyone. Orders of magnitude worse. 900 dead US Soldiers worse. Fake, False documents, and knowningly false testimony before the UN worse. A little nudge-nudge wink-wink with US Supreme Court Justices worse. A refusal to testify under oath before Senate Committees worse. Refusal to release details of secret meetings with accused Felons worse. Stonewalling, stacking the deck, and limited testimony worse.

The biggest thing I can see is that by putting documents in his pants pocket -- sexually repressed republicans are chanting "He put them in his pants! He put them in his pants!" as they masturbate. See the title of this post. I guess I "stuff my pants" with my car keys and change every day.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:01 PM

ALSO >>> this incident happened over a year ago, and now two days before the 9/11 report is released to the public, the smoke and mirror machine is cranking up.

$1 will get you $10 that by the end of the week after the report is released, John Ashcroft calls a special press conference to report of some Terrorist Activity (ie - bad people may want to do some bad things at some unspecified time in the future).

Let the smoke and misdirection begin! The 9/11 report is about to hit the fan!
Old 07-21-2004, 12:01 PM

Default Time for a career change

Maybe he oughta apply for a job at Los Alamos.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:07 PM

Default You Miss My Point

I am saying that the act of Cheney taking his own notes would be seen as incredbily damning. I am not commenting on the administration as a whole or comparing the Bush and Clinton administration.

My whole point being that people dont look at issues objectively and evidence or actions take on a different weight depending on who is doing the act. You doubt for a second that if Michael Moore had proof that Cheney or any republican (whether in office or not) had removed classified information that it wouldnt have been a highlight of the film and that Bush haters would say that the act of removing documents is evil?
Old 07-21-2004, 12:09 PM

Sure. I dont doubt that for a second. However, as I have said many times, judge the act on itself. Republican bad actions in no way make a democrats actions less vile (and vice versa).

Its possible that Berger is scum and that the republicans are scum.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:13 PM

Default Re: You Miss My Point

Well it depends. If Dick Cheney lost a clasified document then he should quit. That would dampen the outrage fairly quickly. This guy did quit. Whether it would be denounced as "evil" or not, I don't know. It would dependon the nature of the document and what he did with it. In these circumstances, I would say not. Presumably Dick Cheney has the right to take home classified info anyway so it's not really comparable. Maybe Michael Moore would say so, who knows. Most of the accusations of the "Bush-bashers" refer to the more serious kind of things I referred to in my last post, not comparatively trivial things such as this.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:34 PM

"Surely, no one would suggest that these bashers are one sided hypocrites? "

Yea, you would be first to bring this up had it been a Bush aide.

Pot meet Kettle.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:57 PM

David Sklansky stuffs his with math formulae to impress the chicks. I don't have to put artificial anything in mine for all to be suitably impressed.
Old 07-21-2004, 01:01 PM

Default Re: You Miss My Point

[ QUOTE ]
I am saying that the act of Cheney taking his own notes would be seen as incredbily damning. I am not commenting on the administration as a whole or comparing the Bush and Clinton administration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nyak. You are.

Not directly, but in that subtle, presumptive way that is so popular among people like Ann Coulter. You're not actually defending Bush Administration policies, nor are you actually attacking Clinton or making a substantive comparison. But you are implying that Democrats get away with all manner of crap while innocent Republicans, with no attempt to pass the buck, take the blame for incidents of similar magnitude. And of course the press is just taking cheap shots at Bush every day while looking the other way when Berger screws up.

You are making a comparison between the two sides, an implicit comparison about their character and their treatment in the media. And I don't agree.

NT