Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 04:20 AM

Default Re: Got stiffed on a tip tonight

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll tip you when I want. You shut up and let the world revolve until then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you make $2.13/hr where you work? Thought not. Don't be a cheapass.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not our responsibility to pay your bills, nor our fault you make a [censored]*y wage. You knew the score when you became a waiter - tipping is discretionary.

Besides, what cheap-azz place do you work where 7 men can all get steaks for $100??? And why doesn't your place of business automatically place a tip surcharge on all parties over 7, like most restaurants do?

Seriously, Sparky....I understand your pissed-off and you work hard - but if it bothers you that much, get a better job.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not our responsibility to pay your bills, nor our fault you make a [censored]*y wage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it's exactly your fault, whether or not you choose to believe it. The federal government classifies me as a tipped employee, and thus can pay me $2.13/hr, considering tipping servers is customary.

[ QUOTE ]
Besides, what cheap-azz place do you work where 7 men can all get steaks for $100???

[/ QUOTE ]

Applebee's. Not exactly a steakhouse.

[ QUOTE ]
And why doesn't your place of business automatically place a tip surcharge on all parties over 7, like most restaurants do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only parties 8+.

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, Sparky....I understand your pissed-off and you work hard - but if it bothers you that much, get a better job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I make good enough money where I work. How? 99% of people that come in realize that they need to tip the waitstaff. You're apparently the 1% that hasn't been taught proper restaurant etiquette.

Oh, and do you know what happens when someone comes in and doesn't tip, even though the service was good? Our general manager comes out and bans them from the restaurant.

Don't be a tool. Tip your servers.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's not our responsibility to pay your bills, nor our fault you make a [censored]*y wage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it's exactly your fault, whether or not you choose to believe it. The federal government classifies me as a tipped employee, and thus can pay me $2.13/hr, considering tipping servers is customary.

[ QUOTE ]
Besides, what cheap-azz place do you work where 7 men can all get steaks for $100???

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
And why doesn't your place of business automatically place a tip surcharge on all parties over 7, like most restaurants do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only parties 8+.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I make good enough money where I work. How? 99% of people that come in realize that they need to tip the waitstaff. You're apparently the 1% that hasn't been taught proper restaurant etiquette.

Oh, and do you know what happens when someone comes in and doesn't tip, even though the service was good? Our general manager comes out and bans them from the restaurant.

[/ QUOTE ]

i used to be a server, this guy doesnt speak for most tipped employees. i definitely cannot envision a manager coming out and banning someone for not tipping, that sounds like a total garbage made up lie.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I make good enough money where I work

[/ QUOTE ]

The shut the [censored] up and stop complaining. Jesus christ people we live in a free market economy. Most of you live in at will employment states (employment can be terminated by either party, at any time, for any reason). If feel you can do better somewhere else do it. If not stop complaining. If I were [censored] I would ban you.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only parties 8+.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I never said I don't tip. But a good tip is earned, not a right.

2. Again, it ain't my fault you make $2.13 an hour. How is it my problem? As Mr.Pink once said, "You don't feel it necessary to tip the servers at McDonalds, do you?" Why not?

3. A tool is someone who takes a service job, expecting to be tipped by everyone, and whines when he realizes that some people do not tip. Them's the breaks, Sparky.
Old 10-15-2005, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I make good enough money where I work.

[/ QUOTE ]

And yet here you are whining about someone not tipping. The idea that you're entitled to a gratuity is hilarious; while I do understand that it's customary there, YOU need to understand that "customary" is very different from "mandatory". Someone who studies [card game] shouldn't need variance explained to them.

As suggested elsewhere, get a proper job or just swallow it. Stop whining, you're only upsetting yourself.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:12 PM

I would want to be banned from a restaurant that would ban me for not tipping.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:25 PM

Location: Typing \"nice runner runner\" over and over and over and over and over and over

[ QUOTE ]
Applebee's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah. That explains it, then. Here's what happened: it took an hour and a half for them to get their food, like it always does at Applebee's, and they took it out on you by not leaving a tip.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So...I would have to go to the other Applebees 2 miles away? Or take my chances on the Chilis/TGIF/Ruby Tuesdays/Other cheesy restaurant across the street?

Rough
Old 10-17-2005, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Our general manager comes out and bans them from the restaurant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Coming soon outside this Applebee's:

Sign ==> CLOSED - SPACE FOR LEASE <==

or

Sign ==> HELP WANTED - MANAGER <==