Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 08:25 AM

Default Re: 5 card Draw situation

it should be auto to raise before the draw

you would have to be at the table to sensibly answer what you should do after the draw - i think fold would be usual but that is based purely on what i think most opponents do - i complete in this spot rarely and generally only because i can so that makes the question tougher for me - it does seem that by completing and checking you have advertised that you have at best 1 pair and normally when you induce a bluff with that sort of advertising you have to call

it looks silly to me that you hit your common upside and still dont know what to do

adam the expert is clearly a genius

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 07-10-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... it looks silly to me that you hit your common upside and still dont know what to do

[/ QUOTE ]

ok... what??
Old 07-10-2005, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
... it looks silly to me that you hit your common upside and still dont know what to do

[ QUOTE ]
ok... what??

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure he's trying to say: Ending up with a pair of aces when drawing to AK is the most common way to improve. Essentially, he's ended up with the hand he was drawing at and he's still considering folding.

So, either folding when you make a pair of aces is wrong or calling preflop is probably wrong.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it does seem that by completing and checking you have advertised that you have at best 1 pair and normally when you induce a bluff with that sort of advertising you have to call

it looks silly to me that you hit your common upside and still dont know what to do

[/ QUOTE ]

I do agree with this, and by drawing three, and then checking it does seem that the opponent has a strong bluffing oppurtunity. When the opponent draws one though, I was just unsure on how to play this situation. I agree with AdamtheExpert that the notes are important, and I do generally take good notes on my opponents, it is just this situation was new to me. Or maybe not new, but the first time I addressed it as an area I need to perfect. This was a 5handed game.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure he's trying to say: Ending up with a pair of aces when drawing to AK is the most common way to improve. Essentially, he's ended up with the hand he was drawing at and he's still considering folding.

So, either folding when you make a pair of aces is wrong or calling preflop is probably wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep - i reckon i did the same job quicker though

Old 07-12-2005, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yep - i reckon i did the same job quicker though

[/ QUOTE ]

Weeeellll good! That's what I thought you said.
Thanks to you both [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]