Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: NL
Trevor Hoffman (SD) 3 11.54%
Brett Myers (PHI) 7 26.92%
Roy Oswalt (HOU) 8 30.77%
Billy Wagner (PHI) 2 7.69%
Brandon Webb (ARZ) 3 11.54%
other (specify) 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Re: MHLHE mod??

I'm gonna miss Tex. . .
Old 10-21-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I vote NO MOD! Mid-High is old school, keep it that way. If anyone is the mod it should be of the Clarkmeister, AndyFox, Tommy Angelo, JA Sucker, J_V, skp mold. Those guys are old school, those guys have been here for years and know what this place is all about. Personally I think even having one of them as a mod would be bad too. If u bring in one of the hotshot online players it would be a complete disaster. Let Mid-High evolve by itself like it has succesfully for years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate your implying that I am a "hotshot" online player. That said, I don't want to be a mod, but thanks anyways Barron. I don't really care about the forum enough to do that...but neither do skp, J_V, or half the people you mentioned. Being an effective mod is more work than Barron implies, and I think that an internet player who peruses the forum a lot would do the best job. Misplayed nostalgia is corny Hiatus, there is absolutely no reason that an online player couldn't do a good job moderating this forum. Saying it would be a disaster is laughable and makes you look like a brown noser.
-James
Old 10-21-2005, 02:49 PM

I agree with you about the mods (or lack thereof). The interesting hands tend to get looks, the boring ones get bumped off - Darwinism at its finest. I can tell you that I'm not doing it, and I suspect that Clark won't either. I think you'd be a good one, though, but I don't think you'll do it, either.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, and I was even thinking about volunteering to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-21-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I could do w/o the MNpoker type posts (have them simply moved to correct forums would be nice) (and sorry to pick on MNpoker in particular but questions about EV and Variance clearly dont belong ehre).

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did I ask a question about Variance or EV?

I was not even the first person to bring up variance in that thread (nor did I start the thread). I was responding to someone else who did bring up variance.

Sorry, I assumed that the folks at 2+2 ran this forum. If I'm wrong and I should answer to you let me know.

The thread you are refering to is one of the most replied to threads in the last couple days. I'm sorry if you didn't like it, but apparently others didn't have the same problem with the thread you did.

You obviously spent time in the thread with your post. You actually split one of my posts into three pieces to add a completely worthless post that playing Blackjack is not positive EV. Thanks. If the thread bothered you so much why respond?

Why not send me a PM (obviously I'm new here) or say it in THAT thread? To start a new thread claiming that I am wrecking the forum is anal at best.

Thanks for the warm welcome.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I could do w/o the MNpoker type posts (have them simply moved to correct forums would be nice) (and sorry to pick on MNpoker in particular but questions about EV and Variance clearly dont belong ehre).

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did I ask a question about Variance or EV?

I was not even the first person to bring up variance in that thread (nor did I start the thread). I was responding to someone else who did bring up variance.

Sorry, I assumed that the folks at 2+2 ran this forum. If I'm wrong and I should answer to you let me know.

The thread you are refering to is one of the most replied to threads in the last couple days. I'm sorry if you didn't like it, but apparently others didn't have the same problem with the thread you did.

You obviously spent time in the thread with your post. You actually split one of my posts into three pieces to add a completely worthless post that playing Blackjack is not positive EV. Thanks. If the thread bothered you so much why respond?

Why not send me a PM (obviously I'm new here) or say it in THAT thread? To start a new thread claiming that I am wrecking the forum is anal at best.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

look at the timing. i obviously stated that before you said you knew what they were.

anyways, as you can tell from the other replies and the fact i just used your post as an EXAMPLE, i didn't say nor imply you"wrecked the forum."

and you're welcome. jeez.

Barron
Old 10-21-2005, 03:29 PM

James I never said anything about u in any post, sorry if u thought I was implying anything. I knew u would never be the mod, I am suprised Barron thought u would be. Online hot shot was about the most general thing I have ever said in my life...maybe hot shot was a bad choice of words...basically I was saying that a newer person to this board shouldnt be the mod and be able to come in and have say over the people who built this place. I like nostalgia Mid-High, mostly because 3 years ago when only B&M stuff was discussed on this board is when I learned the most from this site. Not sure why u just turned against me anyways, I am one of the good guys!
Old 10-21-2005, 03:31 PM

Default self-nomination

I think I know what you (and I) want from posts in this forum, I'm online often as I play poker from home, and I'd be willing to do it. I'd be particularly reluctant to touch anything posted by someone who frequently contributes to the forum. I don't have a problem with the occassional joke post or changeup from the traditional post-a-hand posts.

I think multiple mods are useful though as people go on vacation etc. Provided someone is moderating correctly, multiple mods should only serve to provide complete coverage. I'd like to see lots of trusted posters have this ability. We can always take it back, after all.

my 2 cents.
eric
Old 10-21-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
James I never said anything about u in any post, sorry if u thought I was implying anything. I knew u would never be the mod, I am suprised Barron thought u would be. Online hot shot was about the most general thing I have ever said in my life...maybe hot shot was a bad choice of words...basically I was saying that a newer person to this board shouldnt be the mod and be able to come in and have say over the people who built this place. I like nostalgia Mid-High, mostly because 3 years ago when only B&M stuff was discussed on this board is when I learned the most from this site. Not sure why u just turned against me anyways, I am one of the good guys!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey hiatus, not turning against you, but since I was the only one explicitly mentioned in Barron's post, and you said "having an online hotshot would be a disaster" I thought you were referring to me. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Peace,
James
Old 10-21-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey hiatus, not turning against you, but since I was the only one explicitly mentioned in Barron's post, and you said "having an online hotshot would be a disaster" I thought you were referring to me. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Peace,
James

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if nobody thought of you as a "hotshot online player" before this thread, there are a few that most certainly do now.

Sorry James the world doesn't revolve around you. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]