Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Scott Boras = Amazing

[ QUOTE ]
He normally does fine in the first couple of innings but once the lineup has seen him they figure his pattern out and he is [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

During the WS they were talking about how Lowe had been influenced positively by spending more time with Schilling, who spends like a zillion hours analyzing how well his opponents can hit a splitter thrown low and away on a Tuesday when the wind chill factor is 10 degrees less than the actual temperature.

Lowe just never put in that kind of work... but apparently his playoff performance was the result of some more careful study and focus. (BTW, he won THREE big games in the playoffs - the clincher in every series).

I agree with whoever said Lowe will benefit from the Dodger defense. Foul territory shouldn't be a huge factor as he is a groundball pitcher.

I liked D-Lo, but I won't be too sad to see him go. He made my blood pressure rise. I like the Sox rotation this year.

NT
Old 01-10-2005, 03:46 PM

I like it too.

Especially David Wells. Should have insisted on a weight clause with him. He is a good pitcher(when healthy), but he has attitude problems and is somewhat of a rebel. He should fit in good with the idiots.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:26 AM

Other teams were offering money, such as the Tigers.

I think the deal will work out decently. Lowe's been hit around lately, but some of it's probably just bad luck. Groundball pitchers tend to do very well in Chavez and I think that's why he's been brought in. Plus the INF of the Dodges is pretty good.