Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2004, 10:42 AM

Default Re: I folded Aces!!!

Love the name.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:43 AM

I assume you were multitabling and didn't realize you had aces until the turn. Good laydown though.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:53 AM

Some guy the other night from Europe (don't remember where) was intrigued by my name and asked where I was from. He didn't realize we celebrated Festivus in the U.S. I played along for a while and I think he seriously celebrated some holiday called Festivus. When I finally said it was from a TV show, he didn't say another word. I'm probably his version of the Anti-Christ.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:57 AM

Thanks man. I knew I was beat here and figured you either had clubs already(which seems doubtful now that I look back at the hand since you would have had to have AK of clubs in order to comfortably call the preflop raise to 80 or you had a set of 2s or 4s, since I don't see you just calling the raise in later position with QQ or JJ.

Someone else mentions about me multi-tabling. Actually, at this time I was playing 4 at once and had action at 2 or 3 of them at the time this hand was raised preflop and I just called not really thinking about the situation. However, I do NOT MIND the deceptiveness of this play. There were going to be no more than 4 people in the hand and Aces usually hold up against 3 other players. I posted this because(and I hate to say this) it just goes to show that it is not important what happens in the first 3 levels of a single table tournament!!! People can flame me all they want for me playing this hand this way, but in the first three levels of the tournament, I play passively to protect my stack and after that it is balls to the wall, as some of you have seen in my play.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:09 AM

Maybe this type of play works for you, I hate it. The limp UTG is fine, and I make the play a lot. However, I'd never dream of limp call, then checking the flop.

Sounds awful. I'd reraise to 250 preflop and likely push the flop if I got a caller.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:10 AM

Hey imcastleman,

[ QUOTE ]
I just called not really thinking about the situation. However, I do NOT MIND the deceptiveness of this play. There were going to be no more than 4 people in the hand and Aces usually hold up against 3 other players. I posted this because(and I hate to say this) it just goes to show that it is not important what happens in the first 3 levels of a single table tournament!!! People can flame me all they want for me playing this hand this way, but in the first three levels of the tournament, I play passively to protect my stack and after that it is balls to the wall, as some of you have seen in my play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't want to sound rude, however: I assume you play the $215 (because that's where Pete plays, I know). I don't play these limits, but if what you say here is not a complete joke, you really shouldn't play the 215$, not to speak about multitabling, unless you have a lot of money and you really enjoy.

You played these aces really terribly, IMO, even for 5.5$ SNG, and your way of explaining it is absolutely ridiculus. Getting AA in the first rounds, limping from EP and getting raised is a present from god! How on earth can you say it is not important? Are you kidding?? Somebody wants to play with you, when you hold the nuts! come on! how can you flat call with few others in the pot?? And then checking the flop???? probably one of the craziest posts I've read hear for a while.

I know it's harsh, but that's the truth. And you've asked for this flaming... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2004, 01:08 PM

Praying Mantis speaks as if God himself came down to give you poker wisdom. Listen to him. And never play Aces like that again. Unless you are at my table.
Old 06-17-2004, 01:15 PM

if you are multi-tabling, isn't that even more reason to play them straight-forwardly? All-in baby!
Old 06-17-2004, 02:49 PM

If you announced your hand with more players to act in a hand I was involved in, your name would be reported in a flash.
Old 06-18-2004, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you announced your hand with more players to act in a hand I was involved in, your name would be reported in a flash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would it matter if i announce? people announce all the time that they have XY when they fold. I announce i have AA or whatever cards that gives me the 2nd best hand all the time when I fold. you would be an idiot to believe what they were saying is true.

is announcing cards illegal in Vegas?